No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hopkins-Dawson Getting Close, Cloud Wants The Winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxingwizard View Post
    Hopkins is not in his prime, his physical skills have declined greatly, his work-rate is much lower now, and many of his recent fights have been lackluster and sloppy. This isn't the same Hopkins 10 years ago when he fought Trinidad. He was much better 10 years ago, than he is now.

You can't compare Pavlik to Dawson. Pavlik is a slow one-handed boxer and was fighting 10lbs above his natural weight-class. Also Pavlik was sick before the fight, so he couldn't let his hands go as often. Hopkins can possibly out smart him, but Dawson is a skilled boxer himself who's also good defensively. Hopkins put a beating on Dawson? lol, that's funny, Dawson's handspeed is so fast, it's basically hard to counter him. I remember when Dawson looked lackluster against Glen Johnson, in his next fight against Tarver, he looked razor sharp, and looked like the Dawson that fought against Admaek. We will see a different Dawson for sure, and he might possibly overwhelm Hopkins because of his youth, speed, and skills.
    i dont even think you read what i said right. no crap hes older and skills have declined.

i was using examples as to you acting like Hopkins never put beatings on people before. not comparisons. lol back at ya. i never said he would put a beating on Dawson. i said i wouldnt be surprised if he made Dawson look foolish. theres a difference. i also said i think it'll be a close fight. wtf were you reading?

Comment

I hope for B-Hop will continue his impressive career and beat Dawson

Comment

Originally posted by RULE View Post
        i dont even think you read what i said right. no crap hes older and skills have declined.

i was using examples as to you acting like Hopkins never put beatings on people before. not comparisons. lol back at ya. i never said he would put a beating on Dawson. i said i wouldnt be surprised if he made Dawson look foolish. theres a difference. i also said i think it'll be a close fight. wtf were you reading?
        It's just some of you nuthuggers act like Hopkins is unbeatable, yes I've seen Hopkins put a clinic on his opponents, but there is a reason why Hopkins has been avoiding Dawson for years, because he knows Dawson is too fast for him. Sure Dawson hasn't looked at his best, but Dawson is an up and down fighter. He barley beat Glen Johnson the first time, he beat Glen Johnson convincingly the second time. Yeah right back at you punk, lol.

Hopkins is very selective when he fights his opponents. I don't think Hopkins beat Dawson, Bute, Froch, Ward, or even Dirrell.
        Last edited by Boxingwizard; 06-03-2011, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X