No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: House Rules: Trainer Ready for Stiverne’s Big Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: House Rules: Trainer Ready for Stiverne’s Big Shot

By Thomas Gerbasi - Don House likes to work. If the Las Vegas-based trainer is in your corner, you’re going to work too. Hard. That doesn’t always sit well with prizefighters, especially those in the heavyweight division, so when he saw Haiti’s Bermane Stiverne in the gym over eight years ago, he didn’t bat an eye. Heavyweights were too much trouble.

“I was watching (Joan) Guzman sparring with Kid Diamond,” recalled House. “Bermane was in the gym for about a week, but I didn’t pay no attention to him.”

Then he did.

“I had one of those Fairtex (punching) bags and this thing was about six feet tall, probably four feet in diameter, and must have weighed about 800 pounds,” said House. “I had it on this railing system, and I heard this loud thunder from behind me and I was like ‘what the hell is that?’ (Laughs) It was him hitting the bag. I said ‘do that again.’ He hit it again. I pushed this bag toward him and said ‘keep this bag off of you.’”

House, a trainer who has been around the game long enough to know when he was seeing something special, leveled with Stiverne. [Click Here To Read More]

What other fighters has Don House trained?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      What other fighters has Don House trained?
      Joan Guzamn, Kevin Kelley, Steven Luevano and Zahir Raheem

Comment

Seriously it should be Tyson Fury vs Stiverne but we all know WBC's bias towards well we all know

but hey its okay Canada can have it own World Heavyweight Champion (finally)

Stiverne by KO this time.

Comment

Don House is the man, known him for years he is a cool quite brother who has a way with the ladies.

He was always a mystery because there were always well known ex fighters turned trainer who in Vegas were always the best of the boxing trainers with name fighters under their tutelage.

But House was always considered on their level without the background of the said ex fighters.

Comment

Lets see how long Stiverne can hold that belt! Im sure he beats Arreola again.

Comment

this is going to be another good fight. I often wondered how the first fight ends if stiverne doesn't land that nose shattering right at the end of the 3rd. I was even more shocked arreola was able to go the distance after that. I think the rematch will be different but I really can't count stiverne out. I been writing him off since he was losing to Austin. then bam! Austin is on his back & stiverne wins in david tua fashion ( come from behind KO). i'm still picking arreola but this is tough to call...

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
                Seriously it should be Tyson Fury vs Stiverne but we all know WBC's bias towards well we all know

but hey its okay Canada can have it own World Heavyweight Champion (finally)

Stiverne by KO this time.
                Yah i'm amped for that! Hopefully he pulls it off so we can say we have the baddest man on the planet for however long the ride lasts!

Comment

Originally posted by Tobi.G View Post
                  Lets see how long Stiverne can hold that belt! Im sure he beats Arreola again.
                  I won't say he will not beat Areolla again, but I will say, he couldn't stop him after he broke his nose in the second. Maybe Chris can do a little better if he can breathe.

Comment

Originally posted by Trudoe View Post
                    Yah i'm amped for that! Hopefully he pulls it off so we can say we have the baddest man on the planet for however long the ride lasts!
                    Yeh man i like how our fiters r doing good compared to 8-10 years ago but its all concentrated in Quebec. I kinda wish it was big in Ontario too.

Comment

Working...
                    X