No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hector Camacho: When It Was Macho Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hector Camacho: When It Was Macho Time

By Jake Donovan - Even in an era largely dominated by the Fab Four, you couldn’t grow up as a boxing fan in the 1980s and not have been infatuated with Hector ‘Macho’ Camacho, Sr.

Career-wise, it’s been a couple of years since anyone has last seen even the shell of the former superstar in the ring.

Sadly, the last time he was seen alive and well (relatively speaking) by anyone at all was on November 20, 2012.

That was the night Camacho was shot in the face and in critical condition, a status for which his family now longs. He was marginally more fortunate than his friend seated next to him. Adrian Mojica Moreno, 49, was killed instantaneously in the attack.

The former superstar was declared brain dead two days later, on Thanksgiving day. The only fight left in the past few days was among his family, with a split decision in favor of leaving him on life support at least through the holiday, according to reports coming from Puerto Rico. [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by JakeNDaBox; 11-24-2012, 12:52 PM.

Que Descanses en Paz Campeón.

Comment

GREAT PICTURES!He is dancing in the clouds now with a crazy, colorful outfit.....you will be missed.

Comment

RIP Champ...

Comment

RIP Champ you will never be forgotten in boxing.

But "a bullet to the grill" what the hell is happening to the articles here, was this written by an 18 year old? I wanted to stop reading as soon as I saw that, and sadly it was within the first few paragraphs.

Comment

He may be gone, but Macho Time will live on! The ultimate showmen, swagger for centuries....the dancing....talking...bling...haircut...outfits.... .Macho was ahead of his time. Thanks for the memories. Rest in peace champ!

Comment

Nice trip down memory lane and that was some great pictures.

RIP champ.

Comment

It will always be "Macho Time"

Thanks for good memories, the thrills, the craziness and the great boxing technique and speed display!!

Decansa en paz CAMPEON!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryit View Post

But "a bullet to the grill" what the hell is happening to the articles here, was this written by an 18 year old? I wanted to stop reading as soon as I saw that, and sadly it was within the first few paragraphs.
                  I know right?

Can you imagine some writer saying that JFK "took one to the dome"??!!

very crass

Comment

Originally posted by Ryit View Post

they already changed the article.

Comment

Working...
                    X