Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which of you animals train twice a day?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which of you animals train twice a day?

what does a normal day look like to you as far as training routine?

just turned 38 and have decided i would like to have another am. fight or two before i am dead. i am in decent shape for a regular athletic type. i run four miles a day. a couple hundred push-ups, 3 rounds shadow box, jump rope and then at night it's the stationary bike for six miles and another hundred push-ups, stretching.

i am prepping myself for fights for the first time in my life so i could use some help for stuff that i may be overlooking....like proper rest. i'm on eleven days straight right now.

Um, could somebody um, answer me.

Comment

.........38 yrs old???? Who you boxing "early Mid-Life Crisis?? Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
        really dude? do you realize the international age for competition is 34? I love boxing and I love to train so what's wrong with a few more am. fights to add to my book? It's for fun.

it's funny but i read your posts, often paying close attention. you have knowledge....but why are you such an asshole?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
          Usually Ray comes off as a douche but this was funny

Comment

I thought you couldn't do amateur fights past early thirties anymore. I don't remember because amateur boxing is such a **** show right now.

Comment

Not boxing but somedays I lift weights then go BJJ practice right after. On saturdays i do BJJ then MT right after too. Im 24 years old so my body can handle it , for now lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy Ho View Post
                what does a normal day look like to you as far as training routine?

just turned 38 and have decided i would like to have another am. fight or two before i am dead. i am in decent shape for a regular athletic type. i run four miles a day. a couple hundred push-ups, 3 rounds shadow box, jump rope and then at night it's the stationary bike for six miles and another hundred push-ups, stretching.

i am prepping myself for fights for the first time in my life so i could use some help for stuff that i may be overlooking....like proper rest. i'm on eleven days straight right now.
                I really don't see how you can get a proper recovery doing what you are doing. You need rest days to grow stronger and be healthy. At some point over training has negative returns and you will start to feel like crap.

Comment

I don't know if what I do is right or wrong but I feel good for it
                  Monday, Wednesday , Friday : sprints in morning / boxing gym evening for 2h
                  Tuesday , Thursday and Saturday : 5-6 mile run
                  Sometimes extra sparring on the weekend but usually just an early run saturday the rest till monday

During boxing class I'm doing all the usuall : pads , bags , sparring , circuits , plyometrics et..

Good luck with your boxing , 38 is fine if your matched right . make the most of it why u can

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
                    I really don't see how you can get a proper recovery doing what you are doing. You need rest days to grow stronger and be healthy. At some point over training has negative returns and you will start to feel like crap.
                    do you really think I am over doing it?

Comment

Working...
                    X