Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tony Thompson

Comment

arreola for now.

malik scott has been a pro for 12 years, has 35 fights, why is he still fighting 8 rounders? if he hasn't stepped up by now, i dont think he ever will. to be honest, i'm not sure i've even seen him fight

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
        Tony Thompson
        He's retired.

Comment

It's probably going to be between Arreola and Cunningham.

I like Banks and knew he would win, but he's very susceptible to being KO'd from overhand rights himself.

I think Arreola would knock Banks out.

Comment

Seth Mitchell may come back as a better fighter, people shouldn't give up on him yet.

Comment

It's probably Arreola, if he gets and stays in shape he can probably pick up a belt if the Klitschko's retire in the near future. Chambers is one of them but he was always a blown up cruiser.

Shows you how far the American heavyweight scene has fallen in recent years.

Comment

Originally posted by Alonzo Harris View Post
                It's probably Arreola, if he gets and stays in shape he can probably pick up a belt if the Klitschko's retire in the near future. Chambers is one of them but he was always a blown up cruiser.

Shows you how far the American heavyweight scene has fallen in recent years.
                It hasn't fallen if you compare it to the last several decades, the great ones are just on the other side of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                  It hasn't fallen if you compare it to the last several decades, the great ones are just on the other side of the world.
                  That was my point. The American heavyweight scene is dreadful.

I feel good about the future though (less so for the americans though as most the upcoming talent is from europe and further afield). there seems to be a few decent young fighters with room for improvement such as Price, Helenius, Fury, Wilder, Spilizka(I'm sure there are more I've missed) who are starting to climb the ranks and there are some decent fighters in the Am's as well (Antony Joshua)

When the Klitschko's call it a day they won't be replaced by fighters as talented but the talent that remains will be much more evenly matched which will lead to fun exciting matches instead of one sided beatdowns. (more Gatti-ward type fights) that will draw more fans in and hopefully more aspiring boxers as well which can only help the sport.

Comment

That got me thinking are there any upcoming American prospects who could turn out decent in the future? I can only think of Wilder and his comp has been shocking. (I don't rate Mitchell)

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
                      Wilder or Arreola, why are American heavyweights all bums?
                      they're the fat guys who didn't have the talent for the NFL or nba.

wilder needed to make money and couldnt go to college, where an athlete on his level can get a full scholarship (an education can cost up to $200,) to play a sport for four years
                      Last edited by New England; 11-18-2012, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X