Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dude, Jones-Brook has got to be a candidate for FOTY!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post

how the fcuk is that a "1 sided beatdown" ?!!!!

give your head a wobble!
    How many rounds did you give to Lopez bro??

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      The fact of the matter is that having a world title does change how I look at a fighter. Brooks is not a champion nor has he fought on the level of a champion. My approach to previous treads are not what you claim them to be, understand that 1st.

The reason why I feel how I do about ginger is because he is in fact a world champion. To compare his level of opposition to Brook, (a contender), makes no sense. Like I said, Brook beat Hatton moving along through the ranks, ginger beat Hatton for the wbc jr middleweight title.

Belts mean nothing to you, they mean something to me. Which is why you do not understand what I say or my opinion. Because your fundimental on which you base yours are different. To understand my opinion you need to realize that IMO championship level fighters are supposed to be fighting championship level opposition. If you don't understand that, i don't know what to tell you.
      So Brook is not a champion nor has he fought at the level of a Champion but you believe he would beat the top guys at 147lb. Based on what? By your own words he has not performed at that level and by your own words you shouldn't be able to measure a fighter's ability if his competition is piss poor.

You bringing up Canelo being a world champ is irrelevant it is just you trying to justify your hypocrisy. In terms of who they have fought he is in the same boat as Brook the only difference is he has a shiny object to smile about at night.

A belt should not change how you view a fight. You're essentially admitting to being bias against fighters who have straps around their waist.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
        So Brook is not a champion nor has he fought at the level of a Champion but you believe he would beat the top guys at 147lb. Based on what? By your own words he has not performed at that level and by your own words you shouldn't be able to measure a fighter's ability if his competition is piss poor.

You bringing up Canelo being a world champ is irrelevant it is just you trying to justify your hypocrisy. In terms of who they have fought he is in the same boat as Brook the only difference is he has a shiny object to smile about at night.

A belt should not change how you view a fight. You're essentially admitting to being bias against fighters who have straps around their waist.
        Like I said, it's my opinion that he can beat Ortiz & Berto.

Like I also said, ginger being a world champion disqualifies the redundant comparison you're trying to make.

Why don't you say it out loud. I'm comparing a contenders resume to a champion's with more than 3 title defenses for fighting the same level of competition, see how that sounds.

Comment

Probably not 'the' best fight, but definitely a contender. I've not seen many better fights this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            Like I said, it's my opinion that he can beat Ortiz & Berto.

Like I also said, ginger being a world champion disqualifies the redundant comparison you're trying to make.

Why don't you say it out loud. I'm comparing a contenders resume to a champion's with more than 3 title defenses for fighting the same level of competition, see how that sounds.
            Sometimes you say sensible things but when it concerns a fighters who you believe deserve more or less appreciation you have a tendency to behave like a foolish prick.

Your opinion and reasoning for picking Brook over those fighters contradicts what you have said in the passed. Canelo being a World Champion does not disqualify a thing as you're slating him for his competition not comparing to Chavez's not the fact that he had a title. Your reasoning was that he had not displayed a good skill set against relevant fighters. Having a World title does not automatically diminish the quality of the fighter stepping in the ring.

I don't know why you're having so much difficulty in realising how hypocritical it is of you to elevate Brook's skillset above the likes of Amir Khan when he has faced lesser competition. Going by your standards you shouldn't be able to accurately measure his limits as not having a title does not change the fact that he has been against crap.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
              Sometimes you say sensible things but when it concerns a fighters who you believe deserve more or less appreciation you have a tendency to behave like a foolish prick.

Your opinion and reasoning for picking Brook over those fighters contradicts what you have said in the passed. Canelo being a World Champion does not disqualify a thing as you're slating him for his competition not comparing to Chavez's not the fact that he had a title. Your reasoning was that he had not displayed a good skill set against relevant fighters. Having a World title does not automatically diminish the quality of the fighter stepping in the ring.

I don't know why you're having so much difficulty in realising how hypocritical it is of you to elevate Brook's skillset above the likes of Amir Khan when he has faced lesser competition. Going by your standards you shouldn't be able to accurately measure his limits as not having a title does not change the fact that he has been against crap.

I have no difficulty with anything. Understand this, is it correct that to you world titles don't mean anything??

To me, world titles mean something. They separate the class of fighter.

I haven't elevated Brooks skillset over Khan in the slightest. I didn't mention skillset at all. I said IMO he beats Khan. Now you're comparing something else yet again.

I simply believe Brook is a better fighter than Khan to me. That's not comparing skillset. BTW skills don't always win fights.

Comment

100%

great fight

one of the best you will see all year.
                i'd still vote for guy robb and joel diaz, but brook and jones were certainly on the level

cant wait for brook to step up to the world class. looking forward to another big fight for carson jones, as well. he's always in shape, has a good chin and very good recuperative powers

i was yukking it up with the limeys on guru tv. twas enjoyable. they love to beat c level american fighters and act like they are the best we've got.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  100%

great fight

one of the best you will see all year.
                  i'd still vote for guy robb and joel diaz, but brook and jones were certainly on the level

cant wait for brook to step up to the world class. looking forward to another big fight for carson jones, as well. he's always in shape, has a good chin and very good recuperative powers

i was yukking it up with the limeys on guru tv. twas enjoyable. they love to beat c level american fighters and act like they are the best we've got.
                  Count me on that train!! I cannot wait to see him on that world class level!! Also Carson Jones. He'd be a good fight for Khan's 1st stint at 147!!

Comment

A FOTY candidate is something you rewatch from start to finish. This fight is only good from round 6 to 12.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                      A FOTY candidate is something you rewatch from start to finish. This fight is only good from round 6 to 12.
                      Respectable opinion.

Comment

Working...
                      X