Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: frank Warren: Froch Wanted No Part of Prime Calzaghe!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: frank Warren: Froch Wanted No Part of Prime Calzaghe!

As a huge tennis fan, I was delighted to see Andy Murray finally win a Grand Slam at the US Open last Monday.

I didn’t think the Scot, who loves his boxing, was capable as he seemed to lack the stamina to get over the line in the big ones. However, since linking with Czech coach Ivan Lendl, Andy appears to have overcome that barrier and, at just 25, can look forward to a fantastic future.

Amir Khan is the same age as Murray but his prospects are rather bleaker after he was knocked out in round four by WBC light-welter champion Danny Garcia last July. [Click Here To Read More]

Warren clone Calzaghe wanted nothing of anybody in their "prime"

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      As a huge tennis fan, I was delighted to see Andy Murray finally win a Grand Slam at the US Open last Monday.

I didn’t think the Scot, who loves his boxing, was capable as he seemed to lack the stamina to get over the line in the big ones. However, since linking with Czech coach Ivan Lendl, Andy appears to have overcome that barrier and, at just 25, can look forward to a fantastic future.

Amir Khan is the same age as Murray but his prospects are rather bleaker after he was knocked out in round four by WBC light-welter champion Danny Garcia last July. [Click Here To Read More]
      froch might not have his precious '0' but his legacy d1cks on calzaghes, so please **** off fwank

Comment

You have to agree with Frank on his last statement, Froch is a very good fighter but he's not great; and he sure as hell is no legend! Calzaghe, on the other hand, was fine, fine, fighter. A pleasure to watch, really (for me atleast). I think Emmanuel Steward said it best, "I've never seen a fighter make better adjustments than Calzaghe."

Unfortunately his brittle hands did force him to slap a lot of his punches; this, however, did not stop him from having a very respectable KO percentage.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbigshot View Post
          froch might not have his precious '0' but his legacy d1cks on calzaghes, so please **** off fwank
          Please explain.

Comment

Calzaghe had just peaked when Froch started calling him out, he fought Jones Jr a month prior to Froch's fight against Pascal. A fight between the two would not make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbigshot View Post
              Oh. I get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos Alberto View Post
                Please explain.
                I thought the same thing at first.

He means "Froch might not have Calzaghe's "0", but he has a better resume".

Comment

I love Carl Froch, but Calazghe retired at the right time. He had a long career, and was way past his prime, even though he was winning big fights.

2002-2004 Calzaghe vs current Ward is the dream fight I would want to see.

Comment

They were at different stages in their respected careers full stop.

I am sure as hell Froch was never offered a Calzaghe fight when you see how many times he has asked for it even before he was a world champion i lost count warren is a liar Froch is not exactly one for ducking an opponent is he now.

Warren is just p*ssed that Froch said no to moving up a division to fight the little Muppet that is cleverly i don't blame Froch a rematch with Bute and then Kessler if he loses to Kessler then he can move up beat down cleverly and win another title then you have Dawson, pascal and Hopkins for money fights and a few other young ones coming up if he wants to keep going.

Comment

Working...
                    X