Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did Hagler not Knock out leonard/duran

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the difference in the ray,duran fights is hagler didn't go the body. hardly at all. he just ran his mouth in there. i was for leonard/duran agains't marv but if he would have focused on the body he would have made them quit in the later rounds. everyone looks at the head shots of marv vs tommy but look at the replay and do not look at any of haglers headshots. look at how every time he hit tommy to the body he knocked him to the side. took away the legs.

Comment

I did not realize Tommy hearn his right had vs marvin so did duran which probly means marvin had one tough nogin. I also believe there was a sense of urgency on marvins part in the hearns fight due to a potential fight stopping cut.What a fight!

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
        6 Points:

1) Duran and Leonard had better punch resitance than Thomas Hearns.

2) Duran and Leonard didn't piss Hagler off the way Thomas Hearns did in round 1.

3) In the case of the Leonard fight, Hagler simply was in decline. He wasn't the force he was back in 1985.

4) When Hagler met Duran, Duran was in decent shape and was still pretty wily.

5) Hearn's weakness and lack of apparent stamina in the Hagler fight was blamed on a sports massage before the fight. Realistically, that fight should have lasted longer.

6) Hagler's punching power was respectable but not startling, he was no pound for pound middleweight Tyson equivalent. Mugabi and indeed Hearns were much heavier punchers at middleweight.....later Julian Jackson too.
        how can anyone still not be convinced after reading this?

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
          how can anyone still not be convinced after reading this?
          Thats very sweet of you matey.....

Comment

Despite his talent, and destruct and destroy mentality, I think Hagler was in some ways too respectful to Duran and Hagler in certain ways.Subconsciously, he wasn't the strongest person, and people, especially Leonard, could manipulate him.

Comment

hagler wos just being nice.

marv was a gr8 guy to be with he didnt want to hurt no1

Comment

I wish Tommy backed off and boxed the SHIT out of Hagler....finish him on cuts late.

Comment

Had Tommy boxed the way Ray did he'd have beaten Marvin. I also think being Marvin and Ray were good friends that he didn't want to punish him, just retain his title. I didn't see Hagler-Duran so I can't comment on it, yet.

Comment

Working...
                  X