No announcement yet.

Berto's attitude is garbage.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berto's attitude is garbage.

I will say that I have never seen a better performance from Andre Berto than I did last night. Never has he been in a position where he had to fight in a war like he did with Ortiz.

What does he say? Does he say "The better fighter won, I'll get back in the gym and work out some kinks and get a rematch."?

No. He says "As you can see that wasn't me in the ring last night."

I agree, the Berto I knew wasn't that good. That was the performance of a lifetime, yet Berto takes the big headed route and claims that he had an off night when that is not the truth, just as Ali's greatest ever performance was against Joe Frazier in their first fight, this was Berto's greatest performance and only time will tell if he will ever top it.

This is why I can not stand Berto - because he believes he is better than he really is. He has toppled bum after bum after bum, and has been dropped by journeyman and looked short of spectacular in taking them apart. You would expect a "world class fighter" to look superb in taking apart bums.

Now he is whining on twitter that "it wasn't him in the ring." And he retweets his sister saying "Everybody knows that wasn't you, can't wait til the OLD BERTO COMES BACK."

Give me a break. You stepped up in class and you got whomped 10 out of 12 rounds.

It isn't that "It wasn't him in there." It's just that it wasn't Freddy Hernandez he was fighting. The sooner he gets that, the better off he will be, so he can perhaps put together a better corner and become a better fighter with hard work and new technique.

This is why I don't like Berto, why he is not "the real deal" and why I was happy to see him get smashed last night.

It is clear why he ducked Shane. Save the excuses Berto fans. Ortiz is a B class fighter who left 140 after fighting only one really dominant fighter, and he made Berto look amateur.

when they asked about his legs not being there, he also said, "i was never hurt" HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

who is he fooling.

Comment

seriously, if uve never boxed then just shut up. of course hes not gonna admit that he got beat by a better man, esp. if he thinks he could have done better. thats hope u cling on to so that u come back, re focused and ready to wreak ****. im tired of u dudes looking for niceties in boxing. gtfo with that ****. its a combat sport, confidence is everything. u do what u must to hold on to even a little ounce of that confidence.

Comment

Listen to him again...he did say ortiz was the better man

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
          seriously, if uve never boxed then just shut up. of course hes not gonna admit that he got beat by a better man, esp. if he thinks he could have done better. thats hope u cling on to so that u come back, re focused and ready to wreak ****. im tired of u dudes looking for niceties in boxing. gtfo with that ****. its a combat sport, confidence is everything. u do what u must to hold on to even a little ounce of that confidence.
          I have many rounds under my belt.... if youre hurt, you know it. Not feeling like yourself and being hurt are two completely different things.

Comment

Originally posted by machotime View Post
            I have many rounds under my belt.... if youre hurt, you know it. Not feeling like yourself and being hurt are two completely different things.
            if ur hurt u know it. do u have to tell other ppl u know it? no. they can decide for themselves. most fighters typically dont admit they are hurt. u guys be on some serious female ish...just like boxers, boxing fans aint wat they used to be. take that ish to oprah, save it for the women. i just wanna see warriors, and last nite, hurt or not, berto was a warrior.

Comment

you guys over exxagerate ive seen worst attitudes than that

Comment

if ur hurt u know it. do u have to tell other ppl u know it? no. they can decide for themselves. most fighters typically dont admit they are hurt. u guys be on some serious female ish...just like boxers, boxing fans aint wat they used to be. take that ish to oprah, save it for the women. i just wanna see warriors, and last nite, hurt or not, berto was a warrior.
                Sounds like your butt-hurt.

to say that he was never hurt is b.s. Victor admitted it, many great fighters admit it. When your feet arent under you and your response time is not quite there its bc your hurt. plain and simple

Comment

Originally posted by machotime View Post
                  Sounds like your butt-hurt.

to say that he was never hurt is b.s. Victor admitted it, many great fighters admit it. When your feet arent under you and your response time is not quite there its bc your hurt. plain and simple
                  NO! my problem is u dudes sound like ur butthurt over a fighter not admitting they are hurt. lmao. wtf? this aint the tyra banks show. u dudes, man...i dunno.

Comment

I have boxed many rounds, but confidence is not what's at stake here. You have to understand the mind of the fan and you have to know what boxing fans think of you as a person, and once you know that, then you can figure out what route to take in choosing what words you say. Berto is making this loss worse by claiming that it was an off night.

Comment

Working...
                    X