Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

white americans just cannot cut it at boxing..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael Phelps..

Comment

In all honest, the only reason whites in america aren't as succesful in boxing is soley due to a lack of interest. It's the same reason you don't see blacks in sports like tennis, soccer, and swimming. Those things aren't popular in the "black community" so you have less kids doing those things at a young age.

The typical white american kid is into extreme sports such as skateboarding, snowboarding, bmx and stuff like that. Sports wise It just depends on the location. Sports wise, most white kids I know are into Football, baseball, hockey, tennis, golf...anything but boxing. Now that MMA came along, It is probably the most popular of any sports in the white community, with extreme sports being a close second.

Comment

again, with any region, culture, ethnicity, It all boils down to what that particular groups interest are and what athletes they look up to. I guarantee 99% of the time if ask certain races who their favorite players are, there will be a correlation between their favorite players and the sports that are popular in their region.

For example...In Mexico, Soccer is king with boxing being a close second. Most Mexican kids play soccer or box...so its no surprise that you see a lot of great boxers and soccer players from Mexico. (soccer might be a bad analogy though because soccer is pretty much popular everywhere, that is why no particular country stands out as better than the other)

Same with AA's and basketball. Basketball is one of the most popular sports and if you go to any African American community you will see pick up games. So its no surprise that you see more blacks in the NBA.

BTW soccer is a good example because since it is popular world wide and played world wide, there is no particular region that is consistently better than the others.

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
          err froch is a genuwine super middle weight pavlik not...completely different fight..even if you think hopkins would win which he wouldnt even you would have to admit froch power wuld carry better...

Froch would knock out hopkins and end his career...
          Man please, Hopkins getting beat by Froch? I could not ever imagine that happening.

Most gyms are in ethnic areas, more whites have "rich" parents (rich compared to the parents of minorities in poor areas) who give them stuff and preach college so they play a little high school ball but have no real intention to make it in any sport as a career.

In poorer areas, mostly Blacks and Hispanics pursue sports as a career path and as a result, take it seriously. If you train as hard as you can at something and have dreams of succeeding at that, then you are going to be better than someone who does the same thing as a hobby. Most Arabic, Indian, and Asian families in poorer areas are heavily family oriented and are taught to stick together and tend to have a family business of some sort and share the wealth among the family members and often end up going to college or running the family business.

Poorer whites in poor demographic areas tend to stay in the area and work menial jobs not make a career of sports.

I would assume the demographic trends in certain areas have a lot to do with which career paths that people choose. Genetics have a little to do with it but stereotypes often lead people to feel certain ways in general about races I think.

Comment

Red K given for being an insufferable douchebag.

Comment

lot of flabby white yank excuses in this thread

and will you fcuks stop pulling Michael Phelps out of your ass every second post, with something 200 million white yanks you should have 50 pot-smoking dui-ing freaks like Michael Phelps, the real problem is they're down McDonalds right now tucking into a McCheiecken whoppa

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                please don't lump fat white McYanks in with the athletic, fit european male. We have Kessler, Calzaghe, Froch, Klitscko, Hatton the list goes on and on. You have kelly the nelly pavlik and that's it.

In short, the white American is a softer, flabbier, over pampered version of the strong white european male. Reach out to us and we can help you get up to our level.
                rofl: jajajajajajajaja

damn this is funny !!!

Comment

lol whites run baseball, hockey, racecar... all sorts of stuff here in the US... whats the problem? ima drop some knowledge on yall... im a north philly-korean *****... my pops tells me that korea used to run boxing back in the days with the lower weight classes.. and to a certian extent still do.. somewhat... not really... but anyways the reason y koreans dont box as much is cuz the economy is a lil better now and they dont have to get beat up to get PAID... plain and simple...

a lot of people box out here in philly... times r hard still... but nowhere near as it used to be back in the days... even with the recession now; its not THAT bad... thats y the population of boxers are dropping everywhere... cuz they dont need to get beat up to make money... there are more ways to make money than back in the day

oh and someone up there said that froch would ko hopkins??? y would froch b able to ko someone thats never been koed???? im too new here to start talking my ****... whoever said that... u dont wanna be THAT guy... shhhhh

Comment

Fucc the white man that can't compete!

I want the white man who CAN!!!

Gimme Froch! Gimme Abraham!! Gimme CALZAGHE!

My american bretherin have let me down! My black countrymen have since then picked up the slack!!!

Comment

I bet he got killed with Red K.

Comment

Working...
                      X