Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marco Antonio Rubio Stops Akrong, Eyes Chavez Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Marco Antonio Rubio Stops Akrong, Eyes Chavez Jr.

At Centro de Convenciones in San Luis Potosi, Mexico, middleweight contender Marco Antonio “El Veneno” Rubio (51-5-1, 44 KOs) stopped Mohammad Akrong (13-3, 10 KOs) in the fifth round. Rubio, the WBC's mandatory challenger at 160-pounds, punished Akrong with hard blows. The Mexican warrior was trying to send a message to the WBC champion, Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. When the Akrong fight was over, Rubio continued to issue challenges in Chavez's direction. Chavez likely returns on November 19th against Peter Manfredo Jr. and then he has to face the WBC's Diamond champion Sergio Martinez by March 2012.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Rubio will kill Chavez Jr. in 3 rounds max. Martinez Vs. Rubio winner = 1 middleweight in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by 903boxing View Post
      Rubio will kill Chavez Jr. in 3 rounds max. Martinez Vs. Rubio winner = 1 middleweight in the world.

Comment

Rubio, Martinez, Macklin- creme of the division, though Sergio is the tops.

Martinez-Rubio would be great. Junior will duck both guys. Sooner or later he'll have to fight a serious opponent---look out.

Comment

haha, i was just wondering about this fight. couldn't find a channel that was showing it, but hopefully someone posts it up somewhere. hopefully chavez fights rubio or martinez after manfredo, if he's still fighting him. i think he'll prefer rubio first though, we'll see what happens.

Comment

martinez should of been fighting rubio next,Not barker

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
              haha, i was just wondering about this fight. couldn't find a channel that was showing it, but hopefully someone posts it up somewhere. hopefully chavez fights rubio or martinez after manfredo, if he's still fighting him. i think he'll prefer rubio first though, we'll see what happens.
              arent u the guy who puts the fights up?

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
                martinez should of been fighting rubio next,Not barker
                I agree - Rubio should be getting fights with Chavez Jr. or Sergio. . . He is too risky for not having a big enough name.

Lol, and as far as this fight, can't say that Rubio didn't tell us. . . He claimed early he was gonna stop the african!

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
                  arent u the guy who puts the fights up?
                  naw man, i wish i knew where to get them from. i only know where to get tv shows and some movies. i think djice and obama should be able to find a copy though. and yeah i agree, martinez should've signed a fight against rubio instead of barker, waste of time for him.

Comment

Rubio deffinatly KO's Jr.

Comment

Working...
                    X