Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why was Cotto able to beat Margarito in the rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Their first fight nobody knows of he used plaster or not, do I suspect he did maybe but no proves the second fight Cotto whooped his ass not Pacquiao or the Doctors. Miguel was simply the better man that night no excuses.

Comment

because Margarito was shot and only had one eye

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
        Their first fight nobody knows of he used plaster or not, do I suspect he did maybe but no proves the second fight Cotto whooped his ass not Pacquiao or the Doctors. Miguel was simply the better man that night no excuses.
        In your opinion what was the difference between the 1st and the 2nd fights?

Comment

Originally posted by PinoyNation View Post
          What was different the second time around?
          margarito is a bum and always was a bum.....the only difference is cotto fought a shot bum in the second fight.

Comment

Pacquiao......

Comment

Originally posted by Imatroll View Post
              Pacquiao......
              mosley.....

Comment

He employed better tactics, he didn't expend as much energy, didn't allow himself to get cornered and clinched more, he would have won had he done that in the first fight. In some instances it reminded me of Floyd-JLC II in how Castillo would try to hold Mayweather off by extending his right arm when Floyd moved, and Floyd would drag him with him, Cotto did the same exact thing. It was a great performance, Miguel did everything right...

Comment

Originally posted by jaestix1 View Post
                  mosley.....
                  yea because Mosley broke Margaritos orbital bone.
                  Last edited by Imatroll; 11-05-2012, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Because he fought a smarter fight. He clinched, he turned, he kept moving laterally as opposed to straight back.

Margo was faded, yes, but so was Cotto and I think if Cotto fought with that strategy the first fight he would have won. He fought like an idiot and was still pretty much even through 10 in the first fight.

Comment

No plaster

Marg was past it

Cotto fought his ass off

A good combination of those 3.

Comment

Working...
                      X