No announcement yet.

I refuse to order Showtime PPV if…

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I refuse to order Showtime PPV if…

They don’t drop , Mauro Ranallo from the commentating crew. The guy knows zero about boxing and when he commentates, he makes everything sound fake like he’s a wrestling commentator.

At least with Jim Lampley, he has a history of being a commentator, and half the time when he saids dumb things its fun to talk about on here, he also isn’t clueless about this sport like Mauro Ranallo, sure he’s biased but most commentators are.

The rest of the Showtime crew are very good and to me at least rival the HBO commentators, I like Bernstein and Mallinaggi a lot, I also like Roy and Kellerman(even though he is the most hated after Lampley) but that fool Mauro Ranallo has to go.

Can you guys really picture yourself watching Mayweather/Guerrero and Canelo/Trout listening to that guys voice the whole night? He should be working MMA still or WWE, its a disgrace to have him call Boxing.

Just look at his dumb face
    Last edited by pturtle; 02-19-2013, 04:08 PM.

Gus Johnson!!

Comment

Originally posted by 10COUNT
      Gus Johnson!!
      They replaced Gus with that dude? Smh...

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I'm with you. I hate that exaggerated voice! Leave that **** in MMA and wrestling!

Comment

It won't stop me from watching Showtime broadcasts, but I do agree that that mother****er is obnoxiously annoying. He doesn't really understand boxing and it's painfully obvious to any experienced listener.

I appreciate his enthusiasm and effort, but he's better suited to commenting on spinning backfists, rear-naked chokes, and bicycle kicks.

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post

Terrible, I have no clue why, Gus didn’t much about Boxing either but at a commentator he was good

Comment

Lampley sucks pretty bad too, but I get your point. Still....when the rumors were flying about Pacquiao being on PED's, HBO didn't say one thing negative about it. With Marquez rumors now, they dedicated an entire Fight Game show to it....

I like Showtime's commentary better, at least they have Bernstein and Paulie isn't a bad commentator.

Ranallo's over exaggerated voice is pretty annoying though.

Comment

I don't think it will be too much of a problem, he does mostly MMA commentary. Besides some fans like to watch fights muted and in super slow motion.

Comment

Originally posted by pturtle
                  Quote:

Originally Posted by 1PunchKOPOW!

Terrible, I have no clue why, Gus didn’t much about Boxing either but at a commentator he was good
                  He's like Bob Papa in a way. He dunno crap about boxing but I enjoy his commentating. One of my faves.

Comment

Originally posted by pturtle View Post
                    They don’t drop , Mauro Ranallo from the commentating crew. The guy knows zero about boxing and when he commentates, he makes everything sound fake like he’s a wrestling commentator.

At least with Jim Lampley, he has a history of being a commentator, and half the time when he saids dumb things its fun to talk about on here, he also isn’t clueless about this sport like Mauro Ranallo, sure he’s biased but most commentators are.

The rest of the Showtime crew are very good and to me at least rival the HBO commentators, I like Bernstein and Mallinaggi a lot, I also like Roy and Kellerman(even though he is the most hated after Lampley) but that fool Mauro Ranallo has to go.

Can you guys really picture yourself watching Mayweather/Guerrero and Canelo/Trout listening to that guys voice the whole night? He should be working MMA still or WWE, its a disgrace to have him call Boxing.

Just look at his dumb face
                    I agree but AL Bernstein trumps any stupidity that idiot could come up with. Also Al > over anything HBO has EVER had, he's the best in the biz.

Malinaggi is really, really good too. I like him better than Roy Jones or Tarver. Overall the Showtime crew is better except for that MMA ******, he is annoying as fuk.

Comment

Working...
                    X