Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like -Kev- will have time to make more alts

Comment

Originally posted by -The Glove- View Post
      I don't buy that line because I see it every day. If you're motivated enough, there's always time. And there's always resources to assist in going back to school. No one's saying you have to go to a University at 10's of thousands a year. There are plenty of trade schools, apprenticeship programs (they PAY YOU while you're learning the job), certification classes, etc.
      I'm not sure how it works over there with grants and such.

But from my own end I'm currently undertaking a further diploma with the view of retraining and paid for it entirely. This is on top of a degree that I have already obtained. I can only do this because I already have a good a job and was able to save. Also I have the usual outgoings.

If my circumstances were different and I was stupid enough to be lumbered with a couple of kids there is no doubt that in my mind that I'd be absolutely stuck. In a solid job but nonetheless a job I loathe...forever.

I am big into life-balance and a living-wage is a prerequisite for existing.

Comment

It's about time that they go in strike. Crack Donald's can afford to pay them better.

Comment

Minimum wage is $10.50/hour in Toronto

Comment

I agree with the comments sentiments but it's a bit too emotional. Lets give a economic perspective.

These people are from NY, a blue state. They shouldn't blame McDonald's. McDonald's business model is pretty self-explanatory. They provide the world with cheap fast food, and naturally hire workers for cheap. This isn't meant to be your life long career. But rather a transitional period of a individuals life moving on to bigger and better things. Instead of blaming McDonald's, they should put the blame on the politicians they helped get elected. Like their Authoritarian Progressive Mayor Bloomberg, their Governor and their entire way of Governing up in that state. Then blame Washington and the Pro-Spenders (and proud of it) they elected. THey're the ones driving up the cost of living.

With a steady dose of Deflation, there shouldn't even be a Minimum Wage nor would it be necessary....as you could buy a jug of milk for 80 cents instead of 3.75.

Comment

Working...
            X