Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solis & Pedro Diaz training at Our Gym...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cardinal Buck View Post
    It couldn't have been anywhere near as bad as what happened against Vitali though.
    Im sayin what happened with Garbey was before the Vitali fight. His knee was already f**ked up, Garbey is a big dude. The Vitali fight just made it worse

Comment

Originally posted by MalikKnucklez View Post
      Im sayin what happened with Garbey was before the Vitali fight. His knee was already f**ked up, Garbey is a big dude. The Vitali fight just made it worse
      Damn, I didn't know this. Why would you be playing ball before a damn fight? I haven't watched the Yudel fight yet, not sure if they got it on video, but the guys on the thread did make it sound like he was just trying to load up. Should be a learning experience tho.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
        Damn, I didn't know this. Why would you be playing ball before a damn fight? I haven't watched the Yudel fight yet, not sure if they got it on video, but the guys on the thread did make it sound like he was just trying to load up. Should be a learning experience tho.
        alot of guys hoop during training camps

Comment

Originally posted by raf727 View Post
          alot of guys hoop during training camps
          yeah but its never really a good idea. Especially considering that Garbey is always telling the JR Amateurs that i train never to play for the basketball team at school if they are training lol...

JS, Obama had uploaded the Shobox card here>>>>

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=549423
          Last edited by MalikKnucklez; 05-16-2012, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Pedro Diaz (Miguel Cotto,Solis trainer) did his routine check-up at "The Dungeon", PrimeTime Boxing Gym here in Miami, FL. Last time he was down here training he was preparing Cotto for his rematch with Margarito. This time he stopped through with Odlanier "La Sombra" Solis (who was a regular here before moving camp to Orlando) preppin him for his match with Konstantin Airich this Saturday.

Solis looked real good considering the weight issues he has had in the past. Was real mobile, active. Said his knee was feeling fine (which was actually caused playing Basketball with Ramon Garbey lol).....just wanted to share the flicks with ya'll (will upload video soon)...
            Thanks for posting those pics, bro. I'm hoping Solis finds renewed interest in his career. If Odlanier trains seriously and keeps the weight off, he is a serious threat to the Klitschkos.

I was really disappointed that Jhonson lost his last fight. Yudel doesn't get much attention, but I like the kid. I hope he learns from the "L" and comes back stronger.

Any scuttlebutt on Gamboa? With all those Cubans you're training with, there must be all kinds of talk.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              Any scuttlebutt on Gamboa? With all those Cubans you're training with, there must be all kinds of talk.
              At this point, it's pretty much a general consensus that Gamboa doesn't want to f**k with Oner anymore. None of the Cubans do.

Nobody really knows what's going on with the TopRank situation, but im guessing its just an extension of what was happening with the Arena Boxing deal. Him partnering with Mayweather is pretty legitimate but the rumors of Roger Mayweather and the rest of those guys over in Las Vegas being his new trainers are bulls**t. Gamboa trains over there bout as often as he trains over here, and none of that original team has changed.

Yudel actually trains with Ismael Salas, Gamboa's old trainer. I hope he bounces back from the L, but Yudel is already up there in age as well. If he wants to make a serious run as MW the time would be now, cuz his window is closing. especially after last week.

Comment

At this point, it's pretty much a general consensus that Gamboa doesn't want to f**k with Oner anymore. None of the Cubans do.

Nobody really knows what's going on with the TopRank situation, but im guessing its just an extension of what was happening with the Arena Boxing deal. Him partnering with Mayweather is pretty legitimate but the rumors of Roger Mayweather and the rest of those guys over in Las Vegas being his new trainers are bulls**t. Gamboa trains over there bout as often as he trains over here, and none of that original team has changed.

Yudel actually trains with Ismael Salas, Gamboa's old trainer. I hope he bounces back from the L, but Yudel is already up there in age as well. If he wants to make a serious run as MW the time would be now, cuz his window is closing. especially after last week.
                The word on Oner has always been that he's a slimeball. I've read so many bad things about the guy that I'm inclined to believe many of the stories. It's a shame that Gamboa and Solis, among others, had to go in with Oner when they defected from Cuba. It's probably Yuri's experience with Oner that's caused him heartache with Top Rank. What a mess....

Unfortunately, all the best Cuban boxers have an issue with age. Jhonson's bigger problem is that he's not as talented as many of his peers. As I said before, I like Yudel; but I'm aware that his potential isn't as great as guys like Gamboa, Rigo and Lara. With fair talent and encroaching age, it would appear that Jhonson's future is limited. Still, I would like to see Yudel make the best of his career.

I'm looking forward to some newer blood making some noise. Hairon Socarras trains at your gym, doesn't he? He's very young. I hope he stays focused. Hairon should have a real future. Does Angelo Santana ever make his way over there? The kid looks very promising. I'm looking forward to catching Angelo's next fights. There's very little fight footage of him on Youtube.

Comment

Gamboa put up "the money team" on Facebook yesterday u know he's enjoying that Vegas mayweather lifestyle. Hopefully mayweathers train hard play hard rubs off on Gamboa cause that fast life will swallow u whole if u get lazy and slow down. Like myself people are horrible with money and I would love Gamboa to succeed and be that dude like de la Hoya at the end of the day so many athletes go broke and I hope Gamboa is one of the smart ones.

Malik u stay in mango hill ? Yo u ever seen neslan machado fight? That little fool is a MONSTER he is the son of a Cuban Olympian he used to train in tropical park not sure where he at now

Comment

Hairon trains over at Xtreme Boxing which is in my hood but i don't train there. He's a beast with heavy hands and has a more American style which is gonna lead to a lot of crowd pleasing fights, he reminds me of Yordenis Ugas in that sense. He's gonna be a problem fasho

Nah chico im from Carmel Town homes right on 49th. Never seen Machado fight, Tropical had a lot of talent but the constant change in management/trainers has hurt them a lot.

Comment

check him out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCjWtLcHsyI

Comment

Working...
                      X