No announcement yet.

Training transition Amateur to Pro

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training transition Amateur to Pro

I cant say for sure yet if I will be competing again because only been back training a couple of months but my coach informed me that 34 is the cut off for amateurs in Ecuador, so if Im gonna fight its gonna be pro. So I might as well train for it, if anyone is well versed in the transition from amateur to pro training besides the obvious stuff and can give some advice it will be great. I have trained with a couple of professionals in the past but all my focus was on three or 4 rounds. Thanks

Be the best damn Journey man you can be, no hating...its just hard to make alot of money as a pro in boxing.

Comment

its all in u !!!!!
      good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Towelie View Post
        Be the best damn Journey man you can be, no hating...its just hard to make alot of money as a pro in boxing.
        Not for money man, left it too late for that! its for the love of the sport

Comment

how many am fights did ya have????

i'd go for it man, just give it your best shot....im still an am lol so im not sure about the transition but i guess it would include pacing yourself more because of the longer fights and that, also more emphasis on power and KO's etc, less looking for points

good luck and keep all us on here informed about it if possible

Comment

Good luck mate! I don't know about the transition, but i would say focus on lots of conditioning and try to pace yourself a bit more. But that it just speculation.

Comment

Good luck mate. What was the 7 year break for?

Comment

Originally posted by Karlos1991 View Post
                Good luck mate. What was the 7 year break for?
                Has been due to injury but last time due to alcohol, smokes, and women. A break up after a 5 year relationship and things went to ****. The last few years also going down a dangerous path with intaking too much drink,cigs and worse, made the decision a few months ago to stop all the **** and get back into training. It was something I definitely needed to do or I dont know what would have happened. But I have always trained on and off and have had the privelege of good coaches and sparring partners

Now my weight is down to 75ks and probably could lose a couple more, I feel fit and am f.ing itching to get back sparring and fighting.

As for my fight record it is in my profile, unlike others it is there for all to see. I make no special claims either but a few fights again would be great and keep me on the straight and narrow.

Comment

Your first fights will be 4 rounders probably if they have the same system in ecuador as they do in the U.S. so I dont think your conditioning will have to be extremely better than an amateur. Honestly my advice is to just step up everything you do to a new level, for example a couple hundred more situps, pushups, miles etc. Good luck man.

Comment

Working...
                  X