No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cuban Boxers Could Invade WSB, Fight Under Pro Rules

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Cuban Boxers Could Invade WSB, Fight Under Pro Rules

Cuban boxers could soon be fighting under professional rules for the first time in more than 50 years after high-level meetings between the Caribbean island's authorities and the International Boxing Association (AIBA).

AIBA president Ching-Kuo Wu visited Cuba this week to discuss the cream of the country's fighters joining the professional-style World Series of Boxing (WSB) and soon to be launched AIBA Pro Boxing (APB). Cuba could field a team in the WSB when the fourth season starts later this year, Wu said.
    [Click Here To Read More]

A big step in the right direction, though hopefully it'll lead to Cuban's turning professional "properly" sooner rather than later.

Comment

Let's see where this takes us. It's a step in the right direction.

Comment

Good ****. Maybe someone can explain to me how this WSB and AIBA thing works, I'm not real familiar with their system. Or maybe I can do my research tomorrow when I get home.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Cubans will invade ALL of boxing if this where to happen which i hate to be the pessimistic one but almost has 0 chance of happening Cuba is the island frozen in time, things change at a snails pace.

Comment

good news, I want to see Robeisy Ramirez, Julio Cesar La Cruz, Pero, Larduet

Comment

Good ****..I want to see Robeysis Ramidez without headgear...

Comment

Robeysis is too green to push him into pro-boxing, he is a big prospect but I don't wanna see teens getting into the pros prematurely.
                Sooner than later the cubans are going to dominate the pro game it is just a matter of time. Boxing is too deep in the culture there and cuba is a nation of fighters.

Comment

Working...
                X