No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury-Cunningham Nearly Finalized For 4/20 at MSG, NBC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by apocalypto View Post
    hate him or love him out of all the heavys not named klitscko fury fights the best fighters
    Explain please.. I don't see any "best fighters" on Fury's resume. He fought a fat Chisora who rocked him bad in the second and third round. Kevin Johnson who lost in the Prizefighter tournament and now a CW who lost his last fight. Povetkin, Helenius, Pulev are fighting better opponents.

That being said, wise move by Fury's people and a decent matchup.

Comment

Cunningham is simply not a very good heavyweight fighter and will be dominated by Fury. He should have been given the win against Adamek, but Adamek isn't all that either anymore.

Smart move by Fury coming to the US. He'll get huge exposure that will be invaluable in the coming years if he looks good.

Comment

Good to see Fury moving along, Cunningham's a good opponent. Hopefully he fights a few more times this year against good, credible opponents and aligns himself for a title shot once Vitali is out.

It comes at the right time too concerning Fury's exposure and Hennessy on Channel 5 (whom I assume will be covering this fight also).

Comment

i am concussion crazy

let's see a HW fight on TV end in a knockout, please. none of this pitty pat crap. fury is f#cking massive. cunningham is shredded. beat somebody up, for christ's sake.

boring UD for fury.....

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
            Explain please.. I don't see any "best fighters" on Fury's resume. He fought a fat Chisora who rocked him bad in the second and third round. Kevin Johnson who lost in the Prizefighter tournament and now a CW who lost his last fight. Povetkin, Helenius, Pulev are fighting better opponents.

Well I don't know about those guys fighting better opponents except Pulev, but I agree about Fury's level of competition, a fat Chisora and punches once every 5 rounds Kevin Johnson certainly don't qualify as 'the best opponents'. Fury's yet to even fight anybody top 10. He could start by stop being such a ***** running away from Price, truth is he probably see's that fight as being too risky and may cost him a shot at a Klitschko.

Comment

Originally posted by diarraisagod View Post
              Well I don't know about those guys fighting better opponents except Pulev, but I agree about Fury's level of competition, a fat Chisora and punches once every 5 rounds Kevin Johnson certainly don't qualify as 'the best opponents'. Fury's yet to even fight anybody top 10. He could start by stop being such a ***** running away from Price, truth is he probably see's that fight as being too risky and may cost him a shot at a Klitschko.
              Pretty much completely agree with everything. At least the other guys are fighting previous champions, though fat and out of shape. It's better than fighting people who were never champions but are also fat and out of shape!

Comment

Although I think Fury will likely win, there's a chance of an upset. Cunningham may be too elusive for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post

you have revealed yourself as a Liverpudlian in prior posts. while i applaud your bravery in confessing such a stigma, i cannot take your remarks about Tyson seriously.

for "fat Chisora", Fury himself was hardly in his best condition. Chisora offered up no excuses, nor should you do so on his behalf.

for "Kevin Johnson who lost in the Prizefighter tournament", he lost in a three-round fight.

both of those guys are notably better than anything Price has faced up 'til the present moment.

for the "CW who lost his last fight", Chris Byrd was naturally much smaller than Cunningham (won his Olympic medal at 165, fought at LHW just a couple or so years back) and was a legit HW contender for years. your man Haye is a CW, too. Cunningham was absolutely shredded as a cruiser and definitely possesses a frame that can compete at heavyweight. lastly, everybody knows that he should have been awarded the decision in his most recent fight against one of the more well-regarded heavyweight contenders of recent years.

you, sir, are what is known to the youth as a hater. none of your disingenuous words will change the truth that Tyson Fury's resume is superior to David Price's.
                  Last edited by S. Saddler 1310; 01-31-2013, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
                    you have revealed yourself as a Liverpudlian in prior posts. while i applaud your bravery in confessing such a stigma, i cannot take your remarks about Tyson seriously.

for "fat Chisora", Fury himself was hardly in his best condition. Chisora offered up no excuses, nor should you do so on his behalf.

for "Kevin Johnson who lost in the Prizefighter tournament", he lost in a three-round fight.

both of those guys are notably better than anything Price has faced up 'til the present moment.

for the "CW who lost his last fight", Chris Byrd was naturally much smaller than Cunningham (won his Olympic medal at 165, fought at LHW just a couple or so years back) and was a legit HW contender for years. your man Haye is a CW, too. Cunningham was absolutely shredded as a cruiser and definitely possesses a frame that can compete at heavyweight. lastly, everybody knows that he should have been awarded the decision in his most recent fight against one of the more well-regarded heavyweight contenders of recent years.

you, sir, are what is known to the youth as a hater. none of your disingenuous words will change the truth that Tyson Fury's resume is superior to David Price's.
                    Agree Furys resumes is way better than Prices

But Ademek made it as a Heavyweight contender because he has an iron chin(Haye also has a pretty good chin from the punches he took from Wlad,plus haye was only stopped due to exhaustion)... Cunningham has been severly rocked by men the same weight as him and i don't think his power is that great... hes like a big Paul Williams (sort of) and I don't think he could discourage Fury one bit

easy ko for Fury, 3rd round stoppage

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Hans Landa View Post
                      Agree Furys resumes is way better than Prices

But Ademek made it as a Heavyweight contender because he has an iron chin(Haye also has a pretty good chin from the punches he took from Wlad,plus haye was only stopped due to exhaustion)... Cunningham has been severly rocked by men the same weight as him and i don't think his power is that great... hes like a big Paul Williams (sort of) and I don't think he could discourage Fury one bit

easy ko for Fury, 3rd round stoppage
                      Cunningham does present some genuine stylistic intrigue, though.

and a lot of people didn't think Steve would be able to deal with Adamek's power moving up to HW. i speculated to myself that the move up could actually assist his punch-resistance, and indeed it may have.

could you clarify the similarities you observe between Cunningham and Williams, for my curiosity? is it just the power thing?

Comment

Working...
                      X