Manny's Footwork

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by #4#king View Post
    even odds? maybe in england...

in vegas, pac way a 5-2 favorite...meaning, vegas shat on hattons face before he entered the ring...

no offense to him...hes just not a world class fighter...never was...never will be...i know, i know, he beat tsyzu...

be proud about that england...that was a solid win...granted, i think hatton knows better than to come to the US and take on real JW competition again...he was a very decent fighter who was exposed by real talent...

even odds? HELL NO!
    what does it matter what country? in the u.k. it was even odds.

Comment

See Manny has fast feet, but he sometimes creates liabilities for himself by overextending on his shots, and even when you have quick feet like Manny that still leaves you open. That's where I think Cotto is gonna have success, see when Manny lunges in, short step back so Manny overextends, then bam! counter. Best move ever!

Comment

Originally posted by RealDeal '86 View Post
        See Manny has fast feet, but he sometimes creates liabilities for himself by overextending on his shots, and even when you have quick feet like Manny that still leaves you open. That's where I think Cotto is gonna have success, see when Manny lunges in, short step back so Manny overextends, then bam! counter. Best move ever!
        I don't think it will be a problem--Pacquiao's balance has improved signficantly over the past 3 fights. In the Oscar fight he had to over extend because of Oscar's reach. He didn't do that for David Diaz or Hatton and seeing Cotto has nearly the same reach--he won't have to either. Pacquiao will just have to work on his timing.

Ariza hasn't received the credit he deserves for helping Pacquiao improve his balance. For the past 7/8 years--Pacquiao was working with Justin Fortune, a guy with no educational background in conditioning.

Comment

Originally posted by #4#king View Post
          haha...that was because of his volume punching and his hand speed...not to mention the fact that he outclassed two of those boxers, and fought a dehydrated and shot de la hoya...

im not disrespecting pac...hes my favorite boxer right now...but watch some of his fights against morales and marquez...dude's footwork got him into trouble...

i loved him after the first morales fight purely for his hand speed and grit...i never in my wildest dreams thought hed be a world class boxer because of his shoddy footwork...

his footwork has improved since then, but its still not great...hes still a hand-speed/volume puncher fighter...
          Diaz is a paper champ. wonder why pac didn't fought casamayor? DLH was shot and he quit on his stool but he said that he wasn't hurt. Hatton....well let's just say that he was hurt and almost KO by Collazo.

Originally posted by sycomantz View Post
          his last three fights mean nothing b/c he fought guys who legitimately didnt present a challenge.

his fight with cotto is going to show how good or bad of a fighter he is.

hes not beating cotto
          agreed. cotto will be the real test

Originally posted by Mr. Green View Post
          they presented a challenge.

oscar was favored and hatton and pac was a virtual even odds fight i think.

it's not pacquiao's fault he won.
          they were never a threat

Comment

Originally posted by Luis12 View Post

they were never a threat
            they were suppose to be.

it's not pac's fault he doesn't go life and death with every mediocre to decent fighter ala cotto.

Comment

apperently you've never watched prime jones

Comment

That makes the difference; Manny's footwork; if he uses it well then he'll win; if not; he'll lose;

He has A LOT off balance problems he should train on that; cuz Cotto isn't Marquez.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Green View Post
                  they presented a challenge.

oscar was favored and hatton and pac was a virtual even odds fight i think.

it's not pacquiao's fault he won.
                  i dont care who is favored. Hatton wasntthesame hatton after fighting floyd. thatgoes for 140lbs hatton too, its all one in the same.

DLH was emaciated to say the least.

its not pacs fought. but dont sit here and act like these were two legitfighters that presented anytype ofchallenege.

its timetobe realistic

Comment

Originally posted by Bhopreign View Post
                    Some of the best Ive seen in boxing today, the way he slides across the ring, was brilliant in the De La Hoya fight, footspeed and footwork in general will make Pac hard to find against Cotto.

p4p bhop thinks pac is the best

Comment

Working...
                    X