Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amir Khan was an Excellent Amateur Fighter!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amir Khan was an Excellent Amateur Fighter!

'cuz amateur fighters are required to wear headgear...his glass jaw was always protected..

He forgot to leave his amateur style behind him!

Comment

Headgear doesn't reduce the impact of punches, bigger gloves do.

Comment

Khan is a great 3 round fighter but pro boxing is 12 rounds.

Comment

Khan's a glorified amateur

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
            Headgear doesn't reduce the impact of punches, bigger gloves do.
            Yep.

I learned this as early as 12 years old, and laugh at whoever thinks headgear protects them from getting hurt. When I was 12, my History teacher, who use to box[not pro], told me headgear is only to protect from cuts and clashes of heads. He said punches feel exactly the same with or without headgear. I never forgot this little conversation.

But I guess people who don't know this, and wear headgear thinking punches will hurt less, have a psychological advantage in which they really think punches hurt less, therefore they're more confident, and fight more effectively?

Comment

He would have been better off using his usualy amateurish style this time. He still hasn't learnt any defence except running around the ring.

Comment

Head gear does not protect your chin,only protects you from cuts.

Comment

Khan's chin looking solid with headgear----->http://youtu.be/mKhcok2jgMU

Comment

Working...
                  X