No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Martinez: Chavez Jr. Must Vacate To Fight Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Martinez: Chavez Jr. Must Vacate To Fight Cotto

It was almost a year ago to the day that Sampson Lewkowicz, advisor to lineal middleweight champion Sergio Martinez, spoke about the possibility of his fighter facing off with junior middleweight champion Miguel Cotto.

[Click Here To Read More]

Chavez must fight Martines.......the winner fight Cotto

Comment

Getting kinda tired of martinez acting like a ***** about everything

Comment

Martinez should just move down to 154 already.

Let Rubio get the title shot. =(

Comment

Chavez Jr fighting either guy is a good fight, I'd rather see Martinez get his go though.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post

war rubio

Comment

I actually would like to see Rubio vs Martinez for the vacant WBC MW title ... Rubio earned his shot by giving that impressive performance and beating Lemieux in Canada ... In fact my avatar are some gloves signed by Veneno Rubio (I won them in an internet contest) after his win over the canadian.

Comment

Watch, the WBC will make Chavez Jr the super ultimate silver gold champion and give Martinez the another belt.

Comment

That would make the most sense if he could land the fights.
                  Alvarez, Cotto, another PWill fight, Kirkland, Lara are all options and some of those would bring good money to the pot and more exposure. But he might get the same treatment at 154 or wherever he goes because he's high risk - low reward, but I reckon someone at 154 would take it.

Originally posted by borikua View Post
                  Watch, the WBC will make Chavez Jr the super ultimate silver gold champion and give Martinez the another belt.
                  The funny thing is you probably are not far off the mark when it comes to the WBC

Comment

Martinez is the mandatory, which means he fights Chavez next. it's pretty simple. so Martinez doesn't deserve the right to get his title back? he's the ****ing mandatory.

Martinez is too big for Cotto but Chavez jr isn't too big for Cotto?
                    the thing is Martinez would put Cotto in a coma at 154.
                    Martinez would upset the Chavez jr gravy train.

Arum won't let any of the Top Rank princesses go against Sergio.

Rubio's getting dicked just as much by the WBC. just give Chavez a "legacy title" and let the real boxers fight for the strap. Martinez vs Rubio

Comment

Working...
                    X