No announcement yet.

Short Matthysse workout vids

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mathed View Post
    Throwing it with the palm down puts the shoulder in it and gives you the ability to punch through the target.Throwing a hook sideways is probably quicker to throw and it relies more on body momentum to have an impact, such as Floyd jumping in as he punches, quick release and return but minimal power effect.

Well answered, somebody that has probably actually boxed before!

Comment

Continuation of padwork

Comment

Yea, i saw him training a few days out from the alexander fight. he's faster than he appears 2 be on tv and he never gets tired.

Comment

Originally posted by *Khan View Post
          I see he has gone back to his old team. As for his last fights he was with Sergio Martinez' team back in Oxnard.
          I thought Martinez team molded him into a complete boxer/puncher very nicely. Dunno why he dropped them, I thought he won those fights.

Comment

thanks for sharing, he looks good. hope he stops morales and doesn't let it go to a decision. can't wait for his fight.

Comment

This will be a very good fight IMO Morales does not know who to back away and loves a war. Going to war with this guy could be a mistake for morales though. Although Lucas seems very crude he hits figging hard and has a really good gas tank. Also if things would have went his way he would have wins over both judah and alexander.

Comment

Throwing the Hook side ways are like your holding a mug provides for a shorter range of motion and it provides more force because it utilizes all your body's range of motion. My trainer also mentioned it is also safer for hands..

I think which way your comfortable is the right way i prefer a shorter punch as it is harder to see coming and those are the punches that put you on your back

Comment

Working...
                X