Collapse
No announcement yet.

Underestimating Robert García's Margarito

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i agree, marg's style is bad for cotto...this WONT be an easy fight, and i see marg winning..

Comment

I did not like what I saw that night from Margarito (vs. Pacquiao). That said, hopefully he has a better training camp this time around (it looks like it was) and we have a real fight on our hands. I'm a Cotto fan too.

Comment

To be honest there is little that I saw from either Marg or Cotto since getting new trainers.

At this stage in their careers it's hard to change a zebra's stripes. Marg wants to come forward and use pressure and volume of punches to win.

Cotto wants to box, box, box and move. use his jab, clinch and push to get separation to not get caught up in a brawl with Marg.

It's not rocket science and I think when it comes down to it, both men will go back to what they do best.

Comment

Originally posted by Casual_Fan View Post
          There should not be any excuses from either camp.

Both trained well, with great trainers. What's to excuse?
          Okay, so *YOU* might not pony up excuses, but probably someone from either side will depending on outcome.

For me, much will depend on performance. Unless each looks like he is in his prime, not a whole lot will be settled with this fight. I still hope and pray and expect Cotto to win, however.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuurzhaelan View Post
            Okay, so *YOU* might not pony up excuses, but probably someone from either side will depending on outcome.

For me, much will depend on performance. Unless each looks like he is in his prime, not a whole lot will be settled with this fight. I still hope and pray and expect Cotto to win, however.
            I want Cotto to win, and I think he should win, but I'm not underestimating Margarito.

His stamina should be better than ever. I read he ran about 9 miles at 14,000 feet daily, and about 5 at 18,000 every two to three days. He should have better than ever stamina.

Comment

Margs is in for it man.....that karma siren is going off for this one. Cotto will attack him like a wild man and break his face to pieces by time the fight is stopped.

Comment

I think some people are underestimating how Robert García has tweaked Margarito.

In his fight against Pacquiao, he was putting his weight behind his punches much more effectively than in the first Cotto fight. His jab also improved. Sure, it was against Manny Pacquiao so he got destroyed. And just like he did in the first Cotto fight, if he you end up with your back against the ropes, he can still unload.

Also, having Omar Henry as a sparring partner was a great move by García. If there is a guy out there that can emulate Cotto, it's Omar Henry.
                He has had a decent jab just doesnt use it much, Look at the first four or five rounds of the Cotto Marg fight, even Lamps and Steward were talking about how both his jab and his defense are often over looked

Comment

Remember Kikland vs Perro mofos. Some of you will come back to reality again. Wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                    Remember Kikland vs Perro mofos. Some of you will come back to reality again. Wait and see.
                    Need we also remind them that the majority said Manny would knock out Marquez in six rounds, So called ****ing experts

Comment

I want Cotto to win, and I think he should win, but I'm not underestimating Margarito.

His stamina should be better than ever. I read he ran about 9 miles at 14,000 feet daily, and about 5 at 18,000 every two to three days. He should have better than ever stamina.
                      I think his upper body movement was gone vs Pac.

His footwork was very flat compared to the first fight.

Agree or disagree?

Remember when Castillo hit the wall after Corrales II?

I think Margo is approaching that territory.

Comment

Working...
                      X