No announcement yet.

Jermain Taylor is arguably the biggest disapointment in Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TRAVI$ View Post
    Taylor fades out in later rounds, is suspect to getting stopped late on and struggles to grind out a result... I guess then his Stamina and Chin are the problems, not heart.
    Now you are making some sense

Comment

I dont think it is neccesarily down to lack of heart or stamina.He seemed to be coasting in the 12th and he got caught and then got finished off,so if anything it was a lack of concentration that cost him.

Comment

Originally posted by mr.crust View Post
        I dont think it is neccesarily down to lack of heart or stamina.He seemed to be coasting in the 12th and he got caught and then got finished off,so if anything it was a lack of concentration that cost him.
        Exactly crust. People are ignoring the fact that Taylor wasn't hurt and was still boxing fine. Then he gets hit with a big shot and all the sudden it's all about stamina. I'm not saying Taylor wasn't tired, but to say that's the only reason he lost, is a disservice to Carl Froch. The Cobra finished the show the way he should have.

Comment

Originally posted by a-raines21 View Post
          jermain taylor doeshave heart. Hemay not have a granite chin,but his heart shouldnt be in question.Bottom line is if you think jt has no heart,ur a fuckin idiot
          I do think Taylor has heart but i am not sure if his heart is fully in boxing at the moment if that makes sense, i think maybe he should take a break for a bit and come back fresh.
          Last edited by Davros?; 04-27-2009, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dans01234 View Post
            Exactly crust. People are ignoring the fact that Taylor wasn't hurt and was still boxing fine. Then he gets hit with a big shot and all the sudden it's all about stamina. I'm not saying Taylor wasn't tired, but to say that's the only reason he lost, is a disservice to Carl Froch. The Cobra finished the show the way he should have.
            Froch was tired as well,he must have been after walking down Taylor and taking all those punches.Also,Froch's chin is something else.Some of the shots he took looked sickening,but he just kept coming.

Comment

Originally posted by DavrosPremuleas View Post
              I do think Taylor has heart but i am not sure if he has his heart is fully in boxing at the moment if that makes sense, i think maybe he should take a break for a bit and come back fresh.
              i dont think he needs a break.... he just needs to train harder, and longer. He needs to act like he really wants it, and get he ferocity back

Comment

i dont think he needs a break.... he just needs to train harder, and longer. He needs to act like he really wants it, and get he ferocity back
                You could say that is Heart.

Comment

Originally posted by mr.crust View Post
                  Froch was tired as well,he must have been after walking down Taylor and taking all those punches.Also,Froch's chin is something else.Some of the shots he took looked sickening,but he just kept coming.
                  Froch was exhausted. Anyone that says different wasn't watching the fight closely. In the 11th round, I looked over to my friend and say "They're both spent."

Comment

Fair play to Froch though, that was world class closing of the fight, he knew when to jump on Taylor and landed punch after punch.

Comment

Yeah i agree just some times having a break from something can be a good thing.

Comment

Working...
                      X