Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hopkins: Floyd Mayweather is Not Taking Canelo Lightly

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just came back from HEB on Culebra in el Hueso(99% Mexican) and bought brisket, rice and the stuff to make borracho beans. I came home to the east side( 55% Mexican and 45% black) down Commerce street and the Mexicans are firing up the BBQ pits for the brisket. Musics playing and there is a festive mood everywhere. The blacks seem disinterested with the fight. Ima make fresh tortillas at 6:00 pm. I'm washing everything down with some caffeinated drinks and Ima get ****ing bonkers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

But we know this. That's why they originally tried to get Canelo at welterweight and factually would not fight him at 154. That's the whole reason this fight is being contested at a catchweight. Cause Floyd is taking the kid very seriously. To the point of being contradictory and hypocritical.

Comment

Originally posted by flint View Post
        you're either jealous of mayweather or on some good drugs
        ha ha, no I am just having fun. Truth is, Floyd should win easy.

Comment

But we know this. That's why they originally tried to get Canelo at welterweight and factually would not fight him at 154. That's the whole reason this fight is being contested at a catchweight. Cause Floyd is taking the kid very seriously. To the point of being contradictory and hypocritical
          You are correct, but how mad can you really be, Mayweather weighed 150.5 lbs and doesn't belong at 154lbs to begin with. I know folks hate Mayweather but aside from experience, Canelo has just about every other advantage in this fight.

Just came back from HEB on Culebra in el Hueso(99% Mexican) and bought brisket, rice and the stuff to make borracho beans. I came home to the east side( 55% Mexican and 45% black) down Commerce street and the Mexicans are firing up the BBQ pits for the brisket. Musics playing and there is a festive mood everywhere. The blacks seem disinterested with the fight. Ima make fresh tortillas at 6:00 pm. I'm washing everything down with some caffeinated drinks and Ima get ****ing bonkers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Just threw on a brisket myself, putting some ribs on a little later. I'm almost as excited about the food as I am for the fight!

Comment

Originally posted by itiswhatitis View Post
            Agreed, but I believe Floyd is looking to make a statement with this fight. I believe we're gonna see the younger version/more aggressive floyd in this fight and he's gonna get Canelo out of there. I believe he's gonna dictate the pace of this fight as usual and unload more combos instead of potshotting or 1, 2's
            I have been saying this for weeks. I think it MIGHT be like a Corrales or Gatti performance. I really think Canelo and the rest of us are in for a surprise.

Comment

"You think that he's coming to a gun fight without a gun and he's got five of them with the extra clip."

One of my favorite quotes this past week or two...probably only second to Roger Mayweather's "he ain't small" comments.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamjr91 View Post
                Yes, it is very awkward that people see this fight as competitive. This fight will be over by the 3rd round.
                When Mayweather is down 2 rounds to 0?

Comment

Wooooow ppl are STILL bitc*** bout 2lbs like if nelo woulda been 154 he woulda won no doubt!!!!!!!!!???????
                  Like he hasnt rehydrated to his normal biga** self yet!!!!!!
                  Stop reachin already!!!!!!!!
                  TMT!!!!!!!!

Comment

Mayweather is going to be very defensive tonight. Floyd Sr will not allow him to step out of his defensive mode until Canelo is beaten. Floyd will not be able to hurt Canelo. If you thought the fight versus Guerrero lacked offense on Floyd's part.... wait for tonight. Expect Canelo to throw many jabs and uppercuts..... that will be his way in.

Comment

Originally posted by antrecasner
                      Basically he's saying Floyd be fronting a lot and I believe him. When has he ever not taken an opponent seriously regardless who it is/was.
                      are you stupid? its been said plenty of times, even flod himself that money may is a persona

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X