Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Teenage Boxer Collapes and Dies After Bout in Jakarta

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's horrible to watch and a vivid reminder of just how brutal and dangerous this sport can be. It pays to think about the next time we're ragging on some ref for a premature stoppage. Better too early than too late every single time.

Comment

Originally posted by TouchyAndalou View Post
      That's horrible to watch and a vivid reminder of just how brutal and dangerous this sport can be. It pays to think about the next time we're ragging on some ref for a premature stoppage. Better too early than too late every single time.
      I was thinking the same. Im British and I hate some of the early stoppgaes we get over here, but jesus, that kid who was only 17, needed a good British stoppage there

RIP young man

Comment

Shiet that sucks man...what must have done it? Was it pre-bout? Maybe they dont take the necessary precatuions. Maybe the kid had a major migrane and still went in there for 8 rounds to collect that check. What is it?

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
          I was thinking the same. Im British and I hate some of the early stoppgaes we get over here, but jesus, that kid who was only 17, needed a good British stoppage there

RIP young man
          Yeah, British refs definitely err on the side of caution more so than in the States, but given what happened to Michael Watson and Gerald McClellan in British rings, I think it's understandable.

I watch a lot of fights here and rarely feel too aggrieved at an early stoppage. Usually one guy is over-matched anyhow or losing by a large margin at the time of the stoppage. Of course, nobody wants to be robbed of a potential Corrales/Castillo - there's always a punchers chance and a fighter snatching victory from the jaws of defeat is one of the most exhilarating things about the sport. But clips like this stand to remind you that this isn't tennis or beach volleyball - two lives are on the line.

Comment

Dude was still standing and was able to walk when the ref stopped it. Then all the sudden went limp in the corner. That was one most disturbing faces I've ever seen.

Comment

Watching the video was upsetting and at the same time frustrating. I understand that fighters are pumped up during a fight but it should be ingrained in their mind to obey the refs commands at all times. He pulled them apart so there was no need for him to continue trying to punch him in the face, in my honest opinion fighters should be banned/fined for doing things of that nature.

That being said may the youth rest in peace and may his family cope with their loss. His death reminds me of how viscous and unforgiving fights can be which is why I don't have a problem with fights being stopped when one guy is taking unnecessary punishment. Better to have an early stoppage than have someone severely injured or killed.

Comment

First prayers to the young man's family this is unfortunate he was so young I can only assume the kid had problems before the bout RIP

Comment

It's very unfortunate and sadly that won't be last time it happens.

Comment

R.i.p. God bless

Comment

you don't play boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X