Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: Is Open Scoring The Only Way To Save Boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POLL: Is Open Scoring The Only Way To Save Boxing?

We have all seen it, Fighters who fight as though its the end of the world and get robbed by the judges who favor the hometown fighter or the one that is connected with the bigger promoter, Rios v Abril just happened, But really I would be here all day if I spoke about robberies, They happen and they are just sickening that such level of corruption is allowed in sport in this day and age,

The only solution is to have open scoring, There should be no-surprises at the end of the fight, In every other sport out there you know the score as you are playing the game, Can you imagine playing a game of football and the touchdowns or "goals" where not known by the players and they went to the end of the game hoping they will "get the decision"?

I understand boxing is not football or any other sport, But boxing is corrupt and open scoring will quickly allow questions to be raised about scoring and officiating as it happens, It will put alot of pressure on judges to ensure fairness as the results are much more transparent and allows boxers the chance to go out there and get it rather than hoping for a decision.
    Yes, No Doubt About It
    38.46%
    No
    61.54%

I like surprises at the end of fights!!
    The best thing that can happen to Boxing is the best v best or at least the better fighters fighting more often against quality opposition

Comment

I think so. I've made a tread about that years ago & got shut down. I mean there needs to be something done. Like open scoring or 3 judges on standby judging just in case the 1st 3 have some wacked out scorecard.

Comment

It makes no sense. #1 open scoring is done like every 3 rounds so you will still have a "surprise" at the end

#2 open scoring will change nothing. A judge will still put whatever score he wants and nobody will interfere to him until the scorecards are read. You cant interrupt the flow of the game. There are 1 Min intervals between each round. What are they gonna do when they think a judge scored a round wrong?

Comment

Well, to be honest..open scoring would just let someone know they're being robbed and there's nothing they could do about it. It's not like we don't know who's scoring what in the robberies. We'd probably see more coasting and might even see guys get desperate and KOd as a result.

But, then again..if everybody knows you're scoring awfully...at least they know as it's going and it becomes more obvious and harder to "sneak" it in. It could be a double edged sword, but as long as they try to do something about it, I'm all for it.

Comment

Say what?

Is a the first question of (LAT) lousy aptitude test?

THE ONLY WAY? That gave it away.

This question shouldn't even make it in a junior high test?

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
              Well, to be honest..open scoring would just let someone know they're being robbed and there's nothing they could do about it. It's not like we don't know who's scoring what in the robberies. We'd probably see more coasting and might even see guys get desperate and KOd as a result.

But, then again..if everybody knows you're scoring awfully...at least they know as it's going and it becomes more obvious and harder to "sneak" it in. It could be a double edged sword, but as long as they try to do something about it, I'm all for it.
              Fight your hardest from round 1-12 and youll have your best chance of winning

There should be no coasting

Comment

Absolutely not.

What we need to do is put a face on these judges. If HBO and others start interviewing these judges after controversial decisions, I think that would go a long way towards putting a stop to these robberies. judges rarely held accountable for their scorecards and it leaves the door open for corruption.

Comment

Open soring changes nothing it merely allows one to know what is going on, does a train wreck change if you watch it happen~

Talk about actual changes~ allow judges to score half points so there is more seperation for dominant rounds or less for very close rounds.

Allow the judges to have monitors to review but only allow the current round being scored and it shuts off before the next round starts.

Have five judges instead of three, with two watching from tv monitors so they see what the audience sees.

If you have issues with how fights are scored think about actual changes~ these are just off the top of my head and none are great or original, but they will actually change the scoring of fights but there would be other consequences.

Comment

Less corruption and less incompetence are the only ways to save boxing. I don't like open scoring, personally.

Comment

Working...
                    X