No announcement yet.

Cheers to 49ers fans. Gonna be a fun game

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
    Game between Saints and Packers would have been an offensive show but I think the giants proved defense still wins championships. It's not a surprise that the two best defensive teams in the NFC are in the title game.

When the Saints won the SB, they got a lot of help from the football god's in getting a ton of turnovers. This year they didn't get that lucky. The Packers on the other hand were getting all the turnovers but in the giants game were a victim of why they were so successful.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the giants win it all but if the 49ers can run the ball and give Smith decent protection, they can beat the giants.

I see Baltimore beating the Pats and either of those teams losing to the giants or niners in the SB.
    2 of the last 2 sb winners weren't defensive teams. i think it just depends on what happens. but you defnintely can say that winning the turnover battle is the most important battle. more than if you have the best defense or offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
      2 of the last 2 sb winners weren't defensive teams. i think it just depends on what happens. but you defnintely can say that winning the turnover battle is the most important battle. more than if you have the best defense or offense.
      Well, the Saints like I said had a defense that lead the NFL in scoring. The Packers had a good defense, not the best but definitely top 10.

You don't have to have the best defense but you need one in the top 10. Even when the Colts won it, they had a top 10 defense for the only time in Payton Mannings career.

I will take defense over offense any day of the week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
        When the Saints won the SB, they got a lot of help from the football god's in getting a ton of turnovers. This year they didn't get that lucky.
        Luck really didn't have anything to do with it. Darren Sharper was a game changer and he was the main reason the Saints got those turnovers.

His aging and ultimate departure though, along with Scott Fujita leaving as well, is why this defense couldn't garner more turnovers these past two years. Without those two, Gregg Williams didn't make any adjustments, and that's why the defense has stunk. Harper and Jenkins are great tacklers and pass rushers, but horrible in pass coverage, and GW didn't do a damn thing to adjust his play schemes so those guys wouldn't get dominated in the passing game.

But with GW headed out the door and the Saints most likely getting a highly touted DC to replace him, the defense should make a huge turn for the better next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmt225 View Post
          Luck really didn't have anything to do with it. Darren Sharper was a game changer and he was the main reason the Saints got those turnovers.

His aging and ultimate departure though, along with Scott Fujita leaving as well, is why this defense couldn't garner more turnovers these past two years. Without those two, Gregg Williams didn't make any adjustments, and that's why the defense has stunk. Harper and Jenkins are great tacklers and pass rushers, but horrible in pass coverage, and GW didn't do a damn thing to adjust his play schemes so those guys wouldn't get dominated in the passing game.

But with GW headed out the door and the Saints most likely getting a highly touted DC to replace him, the defense should make a huge turn for the better next year.
          Saints were a very good team and I'm not saying that they got lucky in winning it all but let's be real here, turnovers are sometimes luck.

They seem to come in bunches and the Saints got an incredible number of turnovers that season.

Comment

• 8 dropped passes, three lost fumbles and an interception...even the Colts could've beaten that Packers team on Sunday. Resting players week 17 and then having the first round bye seems to almost hurt more than it helps in many cases. Give me a team that has been fighting for the playoff lives for 6 weeks already any day over a team that has sat around playing pre-season football for weeks waiting for the playoffs to finally start.

Comment

• Same of you clowns are acting like Skip Bayless in this piece. Would actually take Tebow over Rodgers, lol.

Giants are not the team to be dropping passes, and fumbling against. It was a combo of Green Bay just assing out, and the Giants being a very good team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                Same of you clowns are acting like Skip Bayless in this piece. Would actually take Tebow over Rodgers, lol.

Giants are not the team to be dropping passes, and fumbling against. It was a combo of Green Bay just assing out, and the Giants being a very good team.
                sometimes underdog teams or undeserving teams just get lucky against a superior opponent.

but the giants is not one of those teams.

do people forget 2007?

they were 10-6. barely better than this year.

a wildcard team.

won games on the road against favorites and made it all the way to the super bowl and beat the undefeated patriots.

some teams like this year's broncos are flukes.

safe to say giants is one of those teams that are better than their record indicates.

when eli gets hot and that dline gets to the qb......they can beat anyone.

Comment

Working...
                X