No announcement yet.

Roy Jones: The Best On The Mic!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roy Jones: The Best On The Mic!

Last night Khan-Maidana Roy Jones was on point as usual. While Lampley and Merchant were celebrating every punch Khan threw Roy was pointing out all of the good shots Maidana was landing. He even predicted the overhand right catching Khan's jaw and causing problems. It was exactly the punch that turned the fight to. Roy is consistently good calling the action, even back in the late 90s when he first started he was impressive.

Originally posted by M.I.C. View Post
    Last night Khan-Maidana Roy Jones was on point as usual. While Lampley and Merchant were celebrating every punch Khan threw Roy was pointing out all of the good shots Maidana was landing. He even predicted the overhand right catching Khan's jaw and causing problems. It was exactly the punch that turned the fight to. Roy is consistently good calling the action, even back in the late 90s when he first started he was impressive.
    Tarver>Jones

Comment

Roy Jones is the man. HBO gets props for keeping him around.

Comment

He sounded like he was saying Kunt all night when pronouncing Khan's name as "Khuuuuun".

His analysis is refreshing though.

Comment

GL: Are you aware of the ongoing crisis surrounding the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight? "Most definitely."

GL: Do you have an opinion on it?

RJ: "You could see Pacquiao's side, why should he change for Floyd? A fight don't start in the ring, it starts when the negotiation starts. If these are the rules, we're going to stick by the standard rules. On the other hand, I understand he's saying something been going on, but the problem with that is, if you're going to check him why didn't you check Marquez? Why didn't you make anybody else do it? It's kind of strange to call him out on this and nobody else."

GL: Do you see anything in Pacquiao that would lead you to feel suspicious?

RJ: "No. The kid is strong, he came up in weight and brought his stregth. Nowadays the testing is good enough, they got it to where you can't even take over the counter products. I can testify to that. The testing is very good right now and there's nothing he could really do that they can't find. Why make Pacquiao take the test and not anybody else?"

Roy Jones knows his ****.

Comment

Originally posted by rawr View Post
            Tarver>Jones
            Tarver is good to, no lie

Comment

Didn't even need Larry there last night. I crack up listening to Roy laugh at the stupid **** Larry says. Roy gives great insight on what's going on in the fight and what is likely to happen. I enjoy his commentary over Tarver's.

Comment

Roy is ****ing garbage. I got sick of hearing about God saving people and how weight means you can take a punch. And everyone saw that right hand coming. Khan probably knew it was a matter of time.

Comment

Originally posted by vErDuGo View Post
                  GL: Are you aware of the ongoing crisis surrounding the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight? "Most definitely."

GL: Do you have an opinion on it?

RJ: "You could see Pacquiao's side, why should he change for Floyd? A fight don't start in the ring, it starts when the negotiation starts. If these are the rules, we're going to stick by the standard rules. On the other hand, I understand he's saying something been going on, but the problem with that is, if you're going to check him why didn't you check Marquez? Why didn't you make anybody else do it? It's kind of strange to call him out on this and nobody else."

GL: Do you see anything in Pacquiao that would lead you to feel suspicious?

RJ: "No. The kid is strong, he came up in weight and brought his stregth. Nowadays the testing is good enough, they got it to where you can't even take over the counter products. I can testify to that. The testing is very good right now and there's nothing he could really do that they can't find. Why make Pacquiao take the test and not anybody else?"

Roy Jones knows his ****.
                  Considering Roy was once accused and investigated for being on some stuff his opinion is not surprisingly defensive.

Comment

He was most on point when he said Floyd is ducking Manny.

Comment

Working...
                    X