No announcement yet.

Paul Spadafora Returns on 11/22

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Spadafora Returns on 11/22

ERIE, PA – MICHAEL ACRI BOXING PROMOTIONS presents the ring return of “The Pittsburgh Kid,” undefeated former International Boxing Federation lightweight champion PAUL SPADAFORA! Spadafora’s return – his first fight in over two years – will headline Acri’s 22nd annual Erie Boxing Classic, Wednesday, November 22, at The Avalon hotel (16 West 10th Street) in Erie, PA. The first bout will begin at 8 P.M. EST. [details]

I hate no fighter more then I hate Paul Spadafora, it pained me to see him get KO'd by the law because I had always hoped to see him KO'd in the ring.

If you know anything about boxing and live outside of pittsburgh you know that Spaddy is an absolutely piece of ****...with this said I cant wait to get my wish...it will take a while for Acri to put him in against someone with a pulse but when he does Spaddy is a dead man and I am pretty ****ing excited about it!

Comment

Originally posted by scap View Post
      I hate no fighter more then I hate Paul Spadafora, it pained me to see him get KO'd by the law because I had always hoped to see him KO'd in the ring.

If you know anything about boxing and live outside of pittsburgh you know that Spaddy is an absolutely piece of ****...with this said I cant wait to get my wish...it will take a while for Acri to put him in against someone with a pulse but when he does Spaddy is a dead man and I am pretty ****ing excited about it!
      scap,
      just curious, any particular reason why you dislike spadafora so much? I saw a couple of his fights (cardona and manfredy) and he looked like a sick technician. Is it his style you find sucky, or do you just think he's a dick personally (cuz of shooting his "baby's mama" or whatever equally horrific thing he did). I haven't seen many interviews with him, but from what i did see he seemed a little white trashy to me. Anyway, just curious if you had additional info on him, like him being a dick while out at clubs/bars or something like that.

Comment

I can't wait to see Spadafora back in action, he's one of my favorite fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by uncle_rico View Post
          scap,
          just curious, any particular reason why you dislike spadafora so much? I saw a couple of his fights (cardona and manfredy) and he looked like a sick technician. Is it his style you find sucky, or do you just think he's a dick personally (cuz of shooting his "baby's mama" or whatever equally horrific thing he did). I haven't seen many interviews with him, but from what i did see he seemed a little white trashy to me. Anyway, just curious if you had additional info on him, like him being a dick while out at clubs/bars or something like that.
          I have hated Spaddy forever! Long before the shooting.

The guy is not half as slick as he is made out to be and when you let Leo Dorin hit you at will that goes along way in proving the this so call "slick" fighter is really not that slick.

Look at his title reign, it is very clear that Mike Acri has been content with making money and not making real fights with his boy...Spaddy not only is not the slick boxer he is made out to be he is as protected as any fighter I have seen and that includes Sven Ottke! (Ottke got gift decisions but he did fight fairly good comp)

Another reason for hating Spaddy is how him and his team handled the sparring sesion with Floyd Mayweather...they acted like they held a win over him, like it was a real fight...the truth is it was an absolute joke.

Anyone who has seen that footage disregards it immediately for a number of reasons but Acri and Team Spaddy bring that up all the time as if to suggest there guy is even on the same planet with Floyd...the proof is in the pooding, if Spaddy was in floyd's league we would have seen the fight, believe me Floyd would have loved an easy nights work. (Acri couldnt put his prized posession in against Floyd because after the fight his market value even in Pittsburgh would have dropped significantly)...

Watch him fight Chucky T or Billy Irwin...watch his fight with Vicky Sosa...you'll realize he is a fraud and to hi teams credit they realize this fact too which is why he is always in so soft fight in and fight out...I wonder when they will even think about fighting a guy in the legit top 15 in the world...they have that luxury because of the fan base in Pitt.

**** Spaddy.

Comment

wow, you are spittin fire. you really like this spadafora kid, huh?

anyway, thanks for the heads up on the sosa fight, didnt know he fought spadafora. I'll be looking forward to seeing that since he gave mayweather a good fight but had his ass handed to him by cotto (or was it the other way around?)

from what i've seen of him (in the 2 fights i've mentioned) i'd say he's certainly not on mayweather's level, but with his style i'd say he's a "C+" or "B" level fighter. I'll post again once i've seen some more fights of his.

regarding the mayweather sparring, i saw a clip of an interview with him where he talks about it (shown on espn2 during a fight he had with someone named renato cornett) and he was fairly modest about it. I believe he said it was just sparring; nothing serious, nothing to get excited about. He also mentioned that he was getting ready for a fight while floyd wasn't. He also mentioned that while he thought floyd is a great fighter, based on that sparring session he felt confident he can go 12 rounds with floyd. Dunno if he said anything more about it, but based on that interview alone, i don't think he was being a dick about it.

anyway, will followup once i've seen some more of his fights.

Comment

I like Spadafora. He is slick. Feather fists but technically very sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanilla Gorilla View Post
                I like Spadafora. He is slick. Feather fists but technically very sound.
                All Manfreddy fans must think like this, it is a must! What do you think of Courtney Burton, is he a stud too?

Comment

Spadafora is highly overrated.
                  Why does he feel like losing?

Comment

i like spadafora but after the time off, i think he isnt going to be anywhere near where he was before all the self destruction ****. he was starting to slip towards the end too, his last couple of fights were pretty close and he was getting hit more towards the end before going into the system. so unless he rededicates himself and gets his head clear he might do something.
                    i always wanted to see him fight floyd back in the day but that aint ever going to happen now.

Comment

Working...
                    X