Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much damage has the Garcia Ko done to Khan's career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much damage has the Garcia Ko done to Khan's career?

The media had some believing Khan was the future poster boy great of boxing. Every time Khan opened his mouth he mentioned fighting Mayweather. The loss to Peterson was put in the scrap bin with the various excuses about bent refs and judges and a spookyman in a hat before the PED excuse finished it off.
    Then the fight with Garcia was made and Angel Garcia started a smear campaign calling Khan a manufactured overrated champion who was lucky enough to represent Britain and have a big deal made of his Silver Olympic medal which would not have happened in the States. He said that Kendal Holt hit a lot harder than Khan and mocked his in out ambush style and said that won't work with Danny and what is Khan going to do when Garcia's hammers start landing. He said the world will see what happens when a manufactured champion meets a real champion. He mocked Team Khan and his training methods and predicted a KO for Garcia.
    Khan made a jack ass of himself at the press conference calling himself an elite fighter and making claims that he was going to KO Garcia. He turned up in Vegas with his team all wearing a white track suit that Elvis would have been proud of.
    Danny Garcia burst into laughter when talking about Khan fighting Mayweather and said is he crazy. He said timing beats speed and Khan is fast but off balance. In the fight Garcia nearly backed up his pre fight prediction with a 3rd round KO but he put a proper beating on Khan. The look Khan had on his face when Khan was knocked down was the same one as he had when Prescott nailed him,his legs were gone and despite the ref giving him a super long count it was obvious he was done for.
    After the fight Angel Garcia said Khan was small and at the pre fight press conference must have been wearing high heels and should consider dropping a weight not going up to welterweight.
    The combination of Angel Garcia slagging off Khan and his son beating the Khrap out of him has done huge damage to Khan's reputation.Team Khan is coming back with the lucky punch excuse but nobody is really buying into it. Likewise the blame being put on Roach's lack of input and speculation about new trainers is not cutting it either.
    Are we now past the high water mark for Khan? All the talk about a Mayweather fight now seems ridiculous. Not only did Danny Garcia burst Khan's bubble but his father pointed out his shortcomings making it difficult to believe in him and he said Khan got everything early but now it is over. Is he right? He was right about everything else.

HOW MUCH DAMAGE HAS THE LOSS TO GARCIA DONE TO KHAN'S CAREER?

It could be over for Khan it's the lowest point in his career or the Prescott ko .He's been in a few hard fights ( Maidana Prescott Peterson Garcia )
    Garcia looked quality I think .Looked similar to Micky Ward at 140 the bombs he was throwing I think .He lost to the better fighter no excuses he needs a new trainer fast .Emanuel Stewart or Brother Nazim could get him back on track .

Comment

I don't think the loss is as damaging as people think , I mean who actually thought khan wouldn't get ko'd again . Khans vulnerability and his offence is what makes him exiting he still gives anyone at his weight real trouble and unless they land that shot he probley beats anyone at 140. The fact people on hear bang on about khan non stop shows he's far from finished . The question is whether he will ever reach that elite level and that rests on whever he can improve his defence and learn to pick his shots more instead of throwing those amature flurries . I really believe if khan gets the right trainer he will reach the top again this loss maybe a blessing in disguise as long as he realises there no such thing as a lucky punch and he improves his defence

Comment

Its a loss big deal! He rushed in and got caught he had no respect for his opponent and he paid for his immaturity! Its possible he could have out boxed Garcia just as its possible he could get stopped in the last round. Its a mistake and he needs to correct his Method to winning and get his techniques in order and fight a fight with HIS abilities. He needs to realize he is a boxer with combinations and using foot work along with hand speed.
        He needs to adopt the philosophy that Pep used years ago "hit and NOT get hit". Dominant one round at a time using speed and spacings and get a trainer who can guide him on these techniques. I think he punches effectively enough to get respect and as long as he accepts the facts that heavy exchanges are not part of his method to winning he could do very well.
        I don't believe that its Freddys fault at all, I think Freddy was teaching the kid how to take control with effective pressure but the kid lost respect for his opponent and got caught, it happens. Just because these kids today have 30 and 40 fights doesn't mean a damn thing because 85% of their opponents are "hand picked" guys that their supposed to beat for one or two or three reasons. Fighting trial horses doesn't need to go over 12 bouts when a fighter has an amatuer background and has talent!
        He needs to learn the skills a master boxer employs and if he excepts this he might be very good at it. Ray Corso

Comment

he is a lost and does not know what to do.

Comment

how many times is khan gonna change trainers until he realises its him thats crap not the 4/5 trainers hes gone through

Comment

Originally posted by #GlowinOrb View Post
              how many times is khan gonna change trainers until he realises its him thats crap not the 4/5 trainers hes gone through
              This is the reason why boxing is becoming a laughing stock. Olympic Silver Medalist at 17, multiply title belts & some idiots are calling him crap.

Khan can come back but he needs to adjust and stop being so bloody arrogant. Confidence is good, arrogance not so much. His kayo vs Garcia no worse than Wlad's against Sanders or Brewster. And I think Garcia will have a better overall career than either of those. Khan won't have the luxury of being a couple of weight divisions bigger than his opponents (not a dig at Wlad, just a statement) but he can bounce back. But focus on each fight & stop talking about what you're going to do AFTER this bout. He'll never be as good as he thinks. But he can still improve on his career.

Comment

i hate him as a fighter BUT. he will be OK. before you become great you need to get thet ass kicked a few times.

Comment

Working...
                X