No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ryota Murata Rejects Million Dollar Deal To Turn Pro

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ryota Murata Rejects Million Dollar Deal To Turn Pro

Japan's Olympic boxing gold medallist Ryota Murata is considering a future away from the sport after rejecting a lucrative offer to turn professional.

Murata ended Japan's 48-year wait for an Olympic boxing gold by winning the middleweight title in London earlier this month but now plans to take an extended break before deciding on his next move.

"It's the end of a chapter for me and boxing," Murata told Monday's *****n Sports newspaper. "Basically I don't have plans to continue with my career.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Why would someone work so hard to get to that point at 26 years old just to walk away from it all. Atleast take the million dollars and fight a couple of fights.

Comment

Originally posted by DAN916 View Post
      Why would someone work so hard to get to that point at 26 years old just to walk away from it all. Atleast take the million dollars and fight a couple of fights.
      Well I'm pretty sure that this million dollar thing also forces him to sign a contract with some promoter or something like that, if not then he would of course do what you're saying.

Comment

Dumb_ass..

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          Dumb_ass..
          What is an example of material culture and non-material culture that affect you on a regular basis?

material culture is where what you posses ie money, clothes, things, defines your social status and acceptance into society

an example could be you have to kids, one is wearing holister, and the other is wearing goodwill clothes. which one is most likely more popular

non-material culture ( is hard to find now days) is where your social status is not based on weather you have things or not, it is based on your character, and accomplishment. but at one point everyone was equal

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...1073621AAIjCZp

Comment

Im a 99%er and would find it almost impossible to walk away from 1 mil. , but i respect his decision . Its not about the money all the time.

Comment

It's quiet clear he has no interest in becoming a professional boxer as he has insisted he would instead further his education and/or train future boxers.

Considering he is not motivated enough to become a full-time boxer I admire his decision to step away.

Comment

Originally posted by DAN916 View Post
                He was obviously motivated by the love of the sport itself and his goal of winning a gold medal. He probably comes from an already wealthy family and is simply not interested in turning pro. Ray Leonard also didn't wanna turn pro after winning his gold medal but had to because of financial problems. A lot of amateur boxers don't like pro boxing because it's more brutal and the business is very dirty.

Comment

Those who don't back up Murata's decision should be shot. Those who don't respect his love of the sport of boxing should be shot also. Those who appreciate his non-avariciousness for money should be spared.

There are times when a man fights for money and there are also times when a man walks away from a fight for his future and his loved ones. Kudos to his decision. That's all I can say.

Comment

we have to respect murata's decision , he's olympic champion and knows his abilities and perspectives in pros better than anybody . japan is totally different culture and mentality and athletes there don't necessarily dream of turning pro as in the us . just think outside the box . why lomachenko has not turned pro after beijing ? same thing , there's life outside pro boxing , maybe for some better one .

Comment

Working...
                    X