No announcement yet.

[B]Rory vs Nick Diaz who would win ?[/B]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [B]Rory vs Nick Diaz who would win ?[/B]

I know we are all watching the rise of Jon Jones right now but Rory is probably the most technically solid new comer right now, and he is small for his division.

We have all been pumping up Gsp vs Nick but I think Rory v Nick would be a hell of a fight. If Nick and Condit fought again I think it would go the same way too much respect for one another, but Rory doesn't respect anybody and would bring the fight all day.

I know Rory lost too Condit already but Condit pulled that ko out of his ass and it ain't but a matter of time before Rory seal's the few remaining holes in his game.

Who do you think would win right now ?
    Rory
    40.00%
    Nick
    60.00%

Nick beats the living hell out of him right now........also condit vs rory the first two rounds were close then after that Condit destroyed him in the 3rd 10-8 round....and Nick had condit fighting like a ***** and even then i thought Diaz won whilst Rory got beat the fucc up by condit

Comment

Interviewer: "A lot of people are saying that Rory Macdonald is the next GSP. Do you agree with that?"

GSP: "Rory is a lot better than me."

Comment

Nick is bigger than Nate, and is better all around, Rory won't have an easy of time trying to rag doll Nick....

Comment

I'm not buying Nicks increased wrestling. I do think he's better at scrambles and getting back to his feet but he WILL get taken down here.

It will be a cool fight though. Rorys topgame vs. Nicks bottomgame.
          I think Rory is too good to get caught by something from the top very often (it can happen, but seldom) and we all know the judges value top > bottom.

Rory will get a decision in a fun grappling match. I think only GSP will beat Rory and the two won't fight.

(in a 3 round fight. 5 rounds, i give Nick a better chance)

Comment

Nick.

Rory's standup game is subpar. Even if he takes Nick down, he can't do much because Nick's ground game is top 3 in the entire sport and Rory doesn't have the massive size and strength advantage that GSP would have over Nick.

Take it as you will, I think Nick would beat him. Either by pitter shatter or some type of submission. Unless Rory runs all fight and makes Nick disinterested in fighting anymore.

Comment

Nick would slap the ****t out of him for 3 rounds!!

Comment

lets also keep in mind that Rory is only 22 years old. Diaz already had 6 losses at 22 and Rory's only loss was to Condit which is a fight he pretty much won if it weren't for the ref making a sketchy stoppage with only 7 seconds left in the fight.

Macdonald is a beast and he's still about 8 years away from his prime.

I still got Rory to beat Diaz now though.

Comment

Nate didn't know what he was up against when he fought Rory. The mixture of kicks and wrestling really threw Nate off his game and he wasn't anywhere near as aggressive as we're used to seeing him.

Nick, however, would know what to expect and properly train for it. Could he stop Rory even with the knowledge of knowing Rory's skillset? I say yes, while also still realizing that Rory is the toughest opponent possible for Nick Diaz at Welterweight.

Rory uses his wrestling to rag doll people around, not to put them on the ground and either lay on them or look for submissions. Rory's wrestling is apart of his striking, as weird as that sounds, and Nick's constant forward movement would leave him vulnerable to Rory's wrestling.

That said, I still think Nick finds a way to win against anyone who actually goes in there to fight, and Rory, to his credit, is someone who fights. Plus, you have to imagine this would be a 5 rounder and since there's no way Rory ever finishes Nick, you have to give Nick a big advantage in the later rounds since we know he can last there and we haven't seen Rory go past 3 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
                    Nick is bigger than Nate, and is better all around, Rory won't have an easy of time trying to rag doll Nick....
                    He could do a Condit on him though and point fight his way to the W with pure ease

Comment

Working...
                    X