Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PACQUIAO is still NUMBER ONE P4P!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S a m u r a i View Post
    This whole thread is stupid, but I need to address some of your points.

If Hatton and De La Hoya were damaged good after fighting Mayweather, then Marquez was certainly damaged goods after 2 brutal wars with Pacquiao.

And about those fights: Pacquiao at least came in on the specified weight. Mayweather fought Marquez two weight class higher than he was comfortable with. Is there any wonder Marquez looked like he was fighting with concrete boots on?

Please. If you give credit to Mayweather for beating up a lightweight who was that far out of his comfort zone, you need your head examined.
    so its mayweahter's fault that marquez decided to go up two classes? no one put a gun to his head. no one made marquez come into the fight that heavy. he weighed in at 142 and on fight night came in at 148. thats not floyd's fault. and im not giving him credit for beating a lighweight. i give him credit for putting on a good display of boxing skill. there are alot of fighters who have fought guys smaller than them. but to point where they avoided 88% of his total punches in 12 rounds is unbelievable. maybe marquez did come in too heavy but it was his decision to go up in weight. its just that people seem to always find a way to downplay his victories but fighters who are less skilled than him have done the same thing and get praised for it. its just not fair.

Comment

Yes we know Pac is no1 p4p. If PBF wants to be, he has to fight Pac. He knows the score. IF pac loses to Cotto, well at least PBF will have to settle fighting Cotto instead.
      Beating Baldomir is one thing. Beating Cotto is another thing. PBF knew that. And that is why Baldy is on his resume and not Cotto.

Pac is doing the donkey work for PBF.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan4life View Post
        No my friend you are clearly the noob. Everyone knows the de la hoya was weak and weight drained when he fought pac man. he was out of his comfort zone. mayweather fought de la hoya when he was in better shape and more comfortable. mayweather knocked hatton out when he was still undefeated. pac man pretty much knocked out a damaged goods hatton. pacquaio couldnt beat marquez in their first fight in which he knocked him down three times in one round. the next fight was barely won and its still controversial to this day. mayweather dominated marquez for 12 rounds to the point where marquez only landed 12% of his punches. did pacquaio do that? no the hell he didnt. also lets look at the records. mayweather is undefeated while pacquaio has some losses which include a knockout losss. mayweather has fought and beat more champions than pacquiao. so let me ask you again who is the better fighter. oh let me remind you that pac is not number one because he beat floyd. its just because he retired. if it wasnt for floyd's retirement he would still be number two. who is the better fighter now?
        Advantage Mayweather.

So your listening to Floyd when he says that Hatton was damaged goods? Pretty eveident that Hatton has no buisness at 147lbs after Collazo. Yet Floyd wanted him there at that, then Hatton put on a great performance against a game Paulie, and gets derstroyed by Pac in 2 rounds in Hatton's division. Advantage Manny.

Why should Floyd get credit for fighting a fighter who has 4 Losses, is Pacquiao's LEFT OVERS, and Marquez came to Floyd's division. Not to mention, Floyd failed to make weight and looked 10 lbs heavier than Juan on fight night. Oh...and Manny fought Marquez in divisions they BOTH were comfortable in. Did Mayweather do that...No. - Advantage Manny

Agreed. Floyd would still be p4p #1 if he didn't retire. But he did, and Manny has beaten every fighter since, while moving up in weight. Same for Marquez...better FIGHTER..Manny....better BOXER...Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow boxer 3 View Post
          dumb thread
          Your boxer is even dumber.

Can't even KO a featherweight.

Comment

Pac is still the top guy til he loses.

Comment

Originally posted by mexpwr915 View Post
              Mayweather carried Marquez out of respect. Don't be an idiot and think that he would have had any trouble physically injuring the man. He didn't want to show the man any disrespect when Marquez did him the favor of accepting the fight after his weight issue.
              Im going to have to disagree with you my friend. I think Floyd didnt knock out JMM cause he wanted him to survive the 12 so he can go on to say "he is a great little man".
              He should have thrown respect out the door and knocked him the **** out
              but he couldnt

Floyd is a fraud!

Comment

Originally posted by fightfan_79 View Post
                Advantage Mayweather.

So your listening to Floyd when he says that Hatton was damaged goods? Pretty eveident that Hatton has no buisness at 147lbs after Collazo. Yet Floyd wanted him there at that, then Hatton put on a great performance against a game Paulie, and gets derstroyed by Pac in 2 rounds in Hatton's division. Advantage Manny.

Why should Floyd get credit for fighting a fighter who has 4 Losses, is Pacquiao's LEFT OVERS, and Marquez came to Floyd's division. Not to mention, Floyd failed to make weight and looked 10 lbs heavier than Juan on fight night. Oh...and Manny fought Marquez in divisions they BOTH were comfortable in. Did Mayweather do that...No. - Advantage Manny

Agreed. Floyd would still be p4p #1 if he didn't retire. But he did, and Manny has beaten every fighter since, while moving up in weight. Same for Marquez...better FIGHTER..Manny....better BOXER...Floyd.
                you have made some good fights and i agree that floyd is a better boxer while manny is a better fighter

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
                  Pac is still the top guy til he loses.
                  just have to wait and see if he beats cotto. if he does that will definitely answer the question on whether he can hang with a legit welterweight. and it would also give him a lil more ammunition against mayweather. by beating cotto he can say that he did something that mayweather was afraid to do and that was stepping up and fighting cotto, and beating him.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                    Im going to have to disagree with you my friend. I think Floyd didnt knock out JMM cause he wanted him to survive the 12 so he can go on to say "he is a great little man".
                    He should have thrown respect out the door and knocked him the **** out
                    but he couldnt

Floyd is a fraud!
                    That's fair. I see where he could have also tried to use it to additionally pad his record. In a way, trying to win himself more credit for the mismatch. That's definitely a possibility and I wouldn't put it passed him...

**** you, to the guy who said that I think he carries everybody. I'm not a nuthugger you clown. Learn to give credit where it's do... if Floyd came in at 142 and JMM at 152, he would still have won the match. Floyd outboxed Marquez. It's that simple you ignorant prick.

Comment

Working...
                    X