No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vanes Martirosyan-Demetrius Andrade: Olympic Crossing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vanes Martirosyan-Demetrius Andrade: Olympic Crossing

by Cliff Rold - Professional clashes between former Olympians often carry their share of intrigue. This Saturday, fans get a rare clash of unbeatens that share in the tradition. That neither medaled may be why it’s not been a big part of the promotion.

The US entrant at Welterweight in 2004, 27-year old Vanes Martirosyan (33-0-1, 21 KO), and the US Welterweight in 2008, 25-year old Demetrius Andrade (19-0, 13 KO), square off for the vacant WBO professional crown at 154 lbs. If Andrade wins, he will be the first member of the 2008 US team, a team that managed only one medalist (Heavyweight Deontay Wilder, Bronze), to win a major professional belt.

If Martirosyan wins, he will be only the second member of the 2004 team, after Gold Medalist Andre Ward, to garner a title in the paid ranks.

Much has been made of the US fall from grace at the Olympic level. We are seeing it play out in the professional ranks. The positive correlation between Olympic success and professional success is evident is some pockets internationally. While some US amateurs opt out of the Olympic dream these days, skewing the pool of top amateurs that go professional, there is no denying an emergent negative correlation in the States. [Click Here To Read More]

Alot of great Armenian fighters but there's so few of them. I'm very impressed by that country's ability to produce fighters. Vic Darchynian is a ballsy, bad a*s warrior.

Comment

Going to be a great weekend. Martinez tears triple G apart.

Comment

My guess is Martinez has been put down by less hard punchers. He has shown to have good chin. Martinez struggled with Macklin, GGG destroyed him. For me, GGG stops him in 8/9, possibly quicker as GGG will be frothing at this opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMexHurricane View Post
          Alot of great Armenian fighters but there's so few of them. I'm very impressed by that country's ability to produce fighters. Vic Darchynian is a ballsy, bad a*s warrior.
          Martirosyan is good but Darchinyan is the greatest fighter to come out of Armenia.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMexHurricane View Post
            the country is smaller than most US states i believe, and with poverty comes less opportunities. no surprise there's few of them out there. in order to get to this level they have to transition out of armenia.

I'm glad vic is getting the payday and the rematch he wanted, i just don't see the point.

Comment

Still choosing Vanes here. I think he'll crack Andrade's chin

Comment

Originally posted by way2strong View Post
                Going to be a great weekend. Martinez tears triple G apart.
                While we are waiting on bigger storys today why don't you explain HOW Martinez is gonna tear GGG apart, hahahahaha

What will happen is this :

GGG will come out and cut the ring off , start the Jab, feint and use power shots to the body and it won't last long. If it does it will be because Sergio will be on the bicycle , like RUNNING. GGG is more powerful, has the speed and timing and poor Sergio is OLD and fixing to go out on his shield. I hope its not painful or dangerous. He should just hand the title over along with May Jr handing over the 154 lineal title just to keep the pain down.

Comment

I'm looking forward to this card, honestly have no idea why people were so against it. Three solid fights, all between highly ranked guys.

Comment

Originally posted by King-
                    I'm looking forward to this card, honestly have no idea why people were so against it. Three solid fights, all between highly ranked guys.
                    It's a pretty good weekend for boxing. But Vic isn't highly ranked...

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                    X