Curiosity makes a discover "for the history books"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curiosity makes a discover "for the history books"

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/49904984.../#.UKxhCIdTwfU

But we'll have to wait to see what that discovery is. The announcement is not for a few weeks.

So what is it?

Full disclosure: The process that made the discovery was checking for chemical signs of life.

Wow, very exciting stuff.

No idea what it could be though

Comment

Hopefully it's something really big. Like a reptilian race, that came from Planet Niburu, was found.

Comment

Its an ancient seashell.

Comment

our creator was chinese descenet...

Comment

SAM is the rover's onboard chemistry lab, and it's capable of identifying organic compounds — the carbon-containing building blocks of life as we know it.
            Now that's impressive. Dudes made a robot with it's own lab that can identify things. That's something I never read in the past. I thought it was just a robot with a camera and a laser.

Comment

This is the beginning of the end.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                Now that's impressive. Dudes made a robot with it's own lab that can identify things. That's something I never read in the past. I thought it was just a robot with a camera and a laser.
                Isn't that what the interstellar explorers like the mars rover\moon rover do??
                I don't feel like searching, but I think they also, are designed to analyze samples and send the results back to Earth\NASA.

Cool concept ... send in the robot armies\robot scientists and keep humans out of harms way.

Comment

i have no idea what higgs' boson is but they say it's discovery was significant for particle physics... now we have this... 2012 has been a great year for science eh?

good stories, except maybe those science guys who were jailed for their failure to predict an earthquake or something...

maybe the judge is a religious nut who has some issues against science... (just guessing...)

Comment

God did it

Comment

Working...
                    X