Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rigondeaux vs gamboa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

they fought many times in cuba...........

apparently rigo would beat up gamboa............

Comment

Gamboa hits Rigo on the face and he runs for his life for the rest of the fight.

Comment

Rigo didn't "school" anybody'...he outpointed Gamboa over 3 rds at 122 in nationals, far different than having to go 12 with a much more experienced, 126 pound Gamboa that can easily take his speed/power all the way up to 135

Comment

Originally posted by MalikKnucklez View Post
          Rigo didn't "school" anybody'...he outpointed Gamboa over 3 rds at 122 in nationals, far different than having to go 12 with a much more experienced, 126 pound Gamboa that can easily take his speed/power all the way up to 135
          very true.............

i wouldn't want to see ether of these 2 guys fight each other though..........cubans are rare as it is in the pros.

rather see gamboa vs rios or rigo vs donaire.

Comment

The horrible defence of Gamboa and the exelent counterpunch of Rigo make a easy fight for him

Comment

According to my ex cuban coach who had ties with guys back there he said rigo would always school Gamboa in sparring sessions. I highly doubt he was lying. He's not that kind of guy and he had photos of himself with both of them along with other guys. Or he could've lied (about the sparrings) BUT...I sincerely doubt that knowing the character of the man
              Last edited by {Pito}; 07-10-2012, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Rigondeaux gets him. Out-points him and might get a KD along the way too.

Comment

Originally posted by AyoMaDu View Post
                  According to my ex cuban coach who had ties with guys back there he said rigo would always school Gamboa in sparring sessions. I highly doubt he was lying. He's not that kind of guy and he had photos of himself with both of them along with other guys. Or he could've lied (about the sparrings) BUT...I sincerely doubt that knowing the character of the man
                  That's fine...i'm not here to argue with what ya mans n em said, i don't know them. And a sparring session doesn't mean much....some of the dudes in our stable have "given" it to a lot of current and former beltholders during sparring...i'm not gonna sit here and say the guys at my gym are gonna toss them an ass whoopin for 12 rounds in a professional championship match. It's just unrealistic. You walk into any grassroots Cuban gym here in Miami and you are gonna hear a million & one Rigondeaux/Gamboa stories. A lot of gym war stories come with an ounce of truth and a pound of hyperbole, i'm sure you know this.

I know both of them.
                  But u don't need to be around their scene to know Guillermo is simply the more skilled boxer. That's obvious. But like i said, in a professional match , technical prowess is only half the battle. Gamboa, although not much bigger height-wise, is still the physically stronger and more agile guy. Like, p4p agile and physical. Guillermo isn't, he's small for 122 as is.

Comment

That's fine...i'm not here to argue with what ya mans n em said, i don't know them. And a sparring session doesn't mean much....some of the dudes in our stable have "given" it to a lot of current and former beltholders during sparring...i'm not gonna sit here and say the guys at my gym are gonna toss them an ass whoopin for 12 rounds in a professional championship match. It's just unrealistic. You walk into any grassroots Cuban gym here in Miami and you are gonna hear a million & one Rigondeaux/Gamboa stories. A lot of gym war stories come with an ounce of truth and a pound of hyperbole, i'm sure you know this.

I know both of them.
                    But u don't need to be around their scene to know Guillermo is simply the more skilled boxer. That's obvious. But like i said, in a professional match , technical prowess is only half the battle. Gamboa, although not much bigger height-wise, is still the physically stronger and more agile guy. Like, p4p agile and physical. Guillermo isn't, he's small for 122 as is.
                    You know, if this fight was at 122 and MAYBE 126 I'd probably pick Rigo. I think Gamboa's recklessness at times would play right into Rigo's hands. Im probably dead wrong here tho. But what Cuban would want these two to fight? I think they had enough "quality" time back home.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                      You know, if this fight was at 122 and MAYBE 126 I'd probably pick Rigo. I think Gamboa's recklessness at times would play right into Rigo's hands. Im probably dead wrong here tho. But what Cuban would want these two to fight? I think they had enough "quality" time back home.
                      Lol it's just not really an appetizing fight to be honest with you. Too much would get made about the "style match up" but we all know Gamboa isn't gonna fight Rigo the way that he's walked through all the other guys. We even seen him time himself better against DeLeon, who still a crafty lil sumb!tch in his own right.

Gamboa, if all goes well, would most likely be headlining a pretty major fight within the next 2 years. He, unlike Rigo, has a very solid following, stateside and internationally. Not to mention most of the fish he wants to fry are in the upper classes anyway. Rigo doesn't have as much wiggle room.

Comment

Working...
                      X