No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Antonio Tarver Has Big Plans, No Fear of Klitschkos

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Antonio Tarver Has Big Plans, No Fear of Klitschkos

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - In its computerized rankings for April, the International Boxing Organization slots Antonio Tarver – the reigning IBO champion – at No. 4 among belt-holders in the 200-pound weight class.

But not surprisingly, the 43-year-old Floridian, never one to shy away from a perfectly good microphone, has a different opinion when it comes to his true standing among the heavyweights.

And he’s not just referring to the heavyweights of the cruiserweight division.

No… he means the real heavyweights.

You know, the 250-pound Klitschko kind.

More specifically, Mssrs. Wladimir and Vitali.

“The best way for them to beat me is not to fight me,” Tarver told BoxingScene.com, showing zero trace of the modesty so rarely present in his professional aura. “I can punch hard and punch fast. In combinations. And they ain’t used to anybody like that.

“Remember, I don’t talk the talk, I walk the walk. And I’ll back it up, or die trying.”

It’s a prodigious verbal gauntlet for a fighter who, amid an uninspiring 3-3 stretch just a few years back, looked every bit the part of a guy who’d issued his last wordy challenge. [Click Here To Read More]

Im down make it happen.

Comment

this guy is delusional if he even thinks about getting in the ring with either Klit

You can already tell he has early signs of punch drunk on SHO with all the easy words he mispronounces.

He does a good job on SHO tho

Comment

Milk dud wont unify anything and will likely not get a shot at Wladimir either. If Vitali doesn't get a Haye fight, I can see him retiring.

Povetkin would probably entertain the idea and if Tarver was smart he'd go that route.

Comment

arver must have a lot of bills trying 2 talk himself in2 a paday...he's an ok boxer that's fortunate to be in this generation...M Spinks would've ko'd him...

Comment

Big ups to Tarver for resurrecting his career but he should stay away from the heavies. No sanctioning body should consider allowing him near a heavyweight title.

Comment

Thank you very much!
              Last edited by backerman7; 04-11-2012, 03:23 AM.

Comment

If Tarver gets in the ring with a Klitschko i'm done with heavyweight boxing. Done.

Comment

He's better than Jean Marc Mormeck.

Comment

Man more power to him. It's not many fighters that are willing to challenge the 2 headed mt. Klitchko. If he wants to let him be.

Comment

Working...
                    X