Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd/Manny fight-is is REALLY off...who knows?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd/Manny fight-is is REALLY off...who knows?

As far as I'm concerned,the fight has been off SEVERAL times within a few weeks (sound familiar-think Ricky Hatton and Cotto negotiations with Manny).Maybe I am in denial or shock,but I wouldn't be surprised to see this fight back on-Arum or Freddie Roach said that they have until the 19th of January to find an opponent for Manny.To me,they have peaked people's interest to the point of absolute frenzy and need to strike while the iron is hot.If they wait too long,the mainstream and often fickle audience will lose it's interest in this fight as it has gained about as much momentum as it can now.
    Until I see that Manny or Floyd has signed with Yuri,Malignaggi,etc-this fight still has hopes for one of Manny/ Floyd's team to cave in and take the offer.
    Let's cross our fingers-lol

I think this is a real sticking point and I dont see it changing on either side

Comment

I dont care there are a lot of fights coming up,but i am sure of one thing until they do fight this forum will be flooded with Manny Floyd hate threads.

Comment

After their next fights, it will try to be made again, where it might be successful.

That's providing Pac and Floyd win.

Comment

its still not officially off. they are bull****tin

Comment

they will fight later on in the year,march is too soon for manny,hes got the elections bk home in may-june and how would that look if he was coming of a loss?not good but if he goes into elections with a win over foreman with 8 th title then he will be even more popular,floyd vs manny will happen later in the year,i dont think they even have enough time to promote the fight propley

Comment

Originally posted by badnewsbrown View Post
              its still not officially off. they are bull****tin
              That is true-Officially,it is NOT off yet.Both fighters still have time to accept negotiations or offers.I believe the cut off day is the 19th of this month.I wouldn't be surprised to see someone accept the offer at the 11th hour to stall the other one.If it doesn't happen in March,then it can piss off.It will have drained too many fans and lost its momentum that it has built amongst the mainstream "casual" fans.

Comment

I think they are still just building the fight. It probably won't happen in March but I think it will happen this year. If not, then fuck both of them.

Comment

Working...
                X