Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They have Calzaghe as ATG but not Mosley? WTF?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They have Calzaghe as ATG but not Mosley? WTF?

just read BoxingScenes Measured ATG for Mosley. While i agree with most of it even the part thats hes not quite ATG material. then i see Calzaghe's and BS has him as ATG, WTF? GTFO. If anything Mosley should be considered a ATG before Calzaghe. Accomplishments even fighters Mosley has faced is way better. Defending your title againest subpars, past prime fighters all your career should hurt you, not bring you ATG status. he should get big credit for unifying the division with Lacy and Kessler but thats about it. the rest of his career is ****. he barely beat Hopkins and fought a Jones past his best days, where in his prime he'd smoke Joe. He's not close to ATG, HOF, yes. noway his resume beats Mosley.

Originally posted by Thadrow View Post
    just read BoxingScenes Measured ATG for Mosley. While i agree with most of it even the part thats hes not quite ATG material. then i see Calzaghe's and BS has him as ATG, WTF? GTFO. If anything Mosley should be considered a ATG before Calzaghe. Accomplishments even fighters Mosley has faced is way better. Defending your title againest subpars, past prime fighters all your career should hurt you, not bring you ATG status. he should get big credit for unifying the division with Lacy and Kessler but thats about it. the rest of his career is ****. he barely beat Hopkins and fought a Jones past his best days, where in his prime he'd smoke Joe. He's not close to ATG, HOF, yes. noway his resume beats Mosley.
    i gotta agree mosley is more deserving of the two

Comment

i think they're both overrated.. mosley wasnt always too eager to fight prime fighters but he sure as hell fought more prime fighters than calzaghe.

Comment

Originally posted by C.Y. View Post
        i think they're both overrated.. mosley wasnt always too eager to fight prime fighters but he sure as hell fought more prime fighters than calzaghe.
        They are both severely overrated, you are right about that.

Comment

Why do some people judge ATG on one factor? seriously on Prime names alone RJJ wouldn't anywhere near an ATG list.

Accomplishments, strength/depth of division, ability to move up/down from natural weight and win, Quality of prime opponents, skills set, impact on the sport.

All in my opinion are equally important.

Comment

Calzaghe never relied on steroids in order to win his biggest fights

Comment

Originally posted by hammerhiem View Post
              Why do some people judge ATG on one factor? seriously on Prime names alone RJJ wouldn't anywhere near an ATG list.

Accomplishments, strength/depth of division, ability to move up/down from natural weight and win, Quality of prime opponents, skills set, impact on the sport.

All in my opinion are equally important.
              are you saying Calzaghe deserves tobe one?

Comment

Originally posted by JaguarJames View Post
                Calzaghe never relied on steroids in order to win his biggest fights
                how many big fights out of 46?

enlighten me.

Comment

are you saying Calzaghe deserves tobe one?
                  Actually no i don't, but neither do I have Mosley and should i continue the list ad infinitum I would rank Calzaghe higher than Mosley.

My point was purely to show the falacy of only using one criteria out of the many.

Comment

how many big fights out of 46?

enlighten me.
                    Define "big" for me.

Comment

Working...
                    X