No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach: Martinez Not Capable of a High Pace For Twelve

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roach: Martinez Not Capable of a High Pace For Twelve

Trainer Freddie Roach has studied several of Sergio Martinez's fights. In particular, Roach studied Martinez's 2010 twelve round decision victory over Kelly Pavlik. On Saturday Martinez (49-2-2, 28KOs) will face Roach's boxer Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (46-0-1, 32KOs) for the WBC middleweight title at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas.

[Click Here To Read More]

i think we know what martinez is gonna bring. fight depends on chavez ability to take a shot and how much he can hurt sergio to the body. the only way i can see chavez winning is slowing sergio down and stopping him late.

Comment

Didn't he think that about JMM too? I wonder if Roach really has a game plan or is just banking on the fact that Martinez is older and should tire before Chavez?

Comment

Roach is a joke. But Chavez will wear Martinez down and stop him late.

Comment

Roach ain't train Chavez for any of that

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg View Post
            Roach is a joke. But Chavez will wear Martinez down and stop him late.
            Exactly this. Roach is a joke, but he is right about Sergio. I hope I'm wrong but Chavez TKO11.

Comment

Unlike Pavlik, Chavez is not going to allow Martinez to box in the middle rounds even if he has to take walk into artillery.

Chavez is going to recklessly pressure him to try to wear him down for the later rounds. He'll do a great job at forcing Sergio to fight at a faster pace than he wants to, he might even win a couple of the middle rounds, but Martinez is going to work the body early and often so when Jr. goes to step on the gas late, he'll realize he has none. He'll be fighting on pure heart from there... he'll be at Sergio's mercy.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dough View Post
                Roach ain't train Chavez for any of that
                Well it is pretty hard to train your fighter when he doesn't show up.

Comment

Pretty sure Martinez knows how to pace himself and while it would behoove Chavez Jr. to push the pace that will open him up more and I personally don't think he can force Martinez off his game but that is his only shot.

Comment

Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
                    Well it is pretty hard to train your fighter when he doesn't show up.
                    Exactly

Comment

Working...
                    X