No announcement yet.

Marquez vs Rios

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
    Look, It doesn't matter how interesting it is Rios and Diaz don't fight alike....
    Which makes it irrelevant to point out one similarity when Diaz's greatest strength isn't something Rios is known for.
    They don't but they have similarities, difference is Rios is physically stronger, a much more devastating puncher, a better offense, more relentless and again he doesn't fold, which is what Diaz did against Campbell after the cut. Rios will take advantage of Marquez's older legs and stay on his chest and best believe he will land effectively. I'd also like to note that Katsidis is one handed, his right hand is trash, I'm sure you know this already.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
      I think Rios's corner saves him. They were literally crying and ready to throw in the towel against Acosta. They care about Rios too much to let a fighter land 10-12 punch combos on him regularly
      That's what I see.

JMM just having a combination festival off his back foot in the early rounds. Rios tries to lean in and impose his size and eats beautiful punches in withering series.

After a few rounds, Rios stops coming forward and begins to fall back under increasingly accurate combinations, ultimately being saved by the ref or his corner.

Comment

I had a feeling they would call out Rios!

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
          Murray got a beating despite Rios being badly drained
          Alvarado is a lot bigger than JMM, probably 2-3 divisions naturally
          Acosta was doing well by moving a lot, and once he stopped became a sitting duck. JMM's never been a mover, he'd be exchanging a lot with a much bigger and stronger guy.
          Perfectly said man

Comment

jmm would ko him 100 times out of 100
            bad style match up
            it would be marquez vs diaz all over again
            brutal ko or stoppage in 5-7 rds

Comment

Pinche dukes of hazard. No mames! Lol look bro, I love rios's style but Marquez is all wrong for him. ****, Marquez is a master. Rios has a better chance with pacquiao because he has stamina and chin. Even though his stamina is questionable. Well he got the chin. He' lost against a mediocre counter puncher in Abril . Do you really think rios can piss Marquez off that much enough to make him lose his cool? Mira carnal, I know you all about Cali but rios is from the Midwest , my area so lets keep our roots in tact and look at the bigger picture.

Comment

I was under the impression that Marquez wasn't interested in Rios. I'm happy to hear that he is now. I honestly don't know who to choose because I can see it going either way. I'll pick JMM by decision.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnmMpT73NCY

Juan Manuel Marquez VS Brandon Rios Fight Simulation

Comment

Marquez would make easy work of Rios . He would just be a punching bag all night long for Warquez. Rios always leads with his head and Marquez would just Uppercut him all night long coming in .Rios doesn't even jab to start with. It would be a matter of time while Marquez gets his timing down and starts adjusting and then Rios won't have no chance.
                    Last edited by Ant Dgk; 02-15-2013, 04:30 AM.

Comment

The weight for this fight is pretty funny. You got Marquez whose a little guy fighting at a big weight wheras rios is a big guy fighting at a small weight. Marquez is without a doubt the better fighter and will likely win but rios will claim his pound of flesh
                      Last edited by Shogunofharlem1; 02-15-2013, 05:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X