Collapse
No announcement yet.

Robert Garcia once again was exposed as an average trainer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's an average trainer when it comes to instructions during fights but he seems to be a good trainer in the gym. Kinda like Roach.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
      He's an average trainer when it comes to instructions during fights but he seems to be a good trainer in the gym. Kinda like Roach.
      i think that's the problem- neither create thinking fighters, although they certainly have a high level of success.

Comment

Am I the only person who remember that arce was losing against Vazquez before he got stopped. Yet people said arce beat Vazquez better.

**** arce also got dropped once in round 4 but yet arce had the better performance against Vazquez Jr.

Really watch the arce fight again and tell me arce fought better against Vazquez than donaire. How you get dropped and then was in verge on losing or getting a draw but got lucky in the final round for the stoppage. Donaire at least was clearly beating Vazquez at the card.
        Last edited by victorythagr8; 02-05-2012, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Do people even know what exposed means?

Comment

Thread starter has taken his hate for margaritos' initial beat down of Cotto to a new level with criticizing his trainer. It's OK buddy. Cotto already got his vengeance. Let it go little man.

Comment

Originally posted by Toney Loc View Post
              Do people even know what exposed means?
              Exposed, v. - when you don't win by a KO.

Comment

Originally posted by victorythagr8 View Post
                Am I the only person who remember that arce was losing against Vazquez before he got stopped. Yet people said arce beat Vazquez better.

**** arce also got dropped once in round 4 but yet arce had the better performance against Vazquez Jr.

Really watch the arce fight again and tell me arce fought better against Vazquez than donaire. How you get dropped and then was in verge on losing or getting a draw but got lucky in the final round for the stoppage. Donaire at least was clearly beating Vazquez at the card.
                Arce didn't have a better performance than Donaire but by no means was he losing to Vazquez at time of the stoppage. Not a chance.

Comment

Lol Donaire dominated Vazquez n the Cotto stan still calls it expose. Lol
                  His instructions weren't that bad. You probably got a boner with one of the judges having it for Vazquez.
                  Last edited by Mr. Fantastic; 02-05-2012, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Rios fights the way he does and I don't think any trainer can change him and give him head movement. The problem is donaire doesn't listen to his corner's advice. Garcia told Donaire in the Vazquez fight to keep his hands up but Donaire proceeded to do a monkey imitation. In Donaire's fight with Montiel before round 2, Garcia repeatedly tells Donaire not to throw punches from far away. The first thing that Donaire does in Round 2 is throw a reaching combination. Rios and Donaire don't seem to listen.

I noticed Brian Viloria improved under Robert Garcia when he was trained by him.

Robert Garcia may not be the best trainer but I think he's still a good trainer that communicates well in the corner and does well in the gym. As unskilled as Margarito was, I noticed improvement in his boxing skills under Garcia.

Comment

Originally posted by victorythagr8 View Post
                      He didn't get lucky he was applying pressure all night and it paid dividends in the last round.

Comment

Working...
                      X