Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How great is B-Hop if he wins next week?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Di Bushbaby View Post
    See the thing is with Tito is that B-Hop was the underdog,big,big underdog & Tito was a real middleweight champion who ko'd Joppy & took his title!!Everyone wants a piece of Oscar that's not his fault!!

Roy beat a inexperienced version of B-Hop,JC never ever wanted a rematch,(that fight was close)& the Taylor fight could have gone either way(realistically)!!There are resumes that can far easily be picked apart,most of B-Hops career he's been an underdog & has outclassed,outhustled & simply dominated favored opponents!!Name another fighter that has beaten that much elite fighters while being an underdog!!The 2 top pfp fighters right now,have been favored in they're biggest fights,B-Hop was not supposed to win his!!
    hopkins is hot garbage and this post proves it...all of his losses have some great excuse attached to it...

always will be overrated to me....a scaled down lightheavy who beat up on middles, jr. middles and welters is all he'll ever be....all of his most important fights (calzaghe, taylor 2X, jones) he lost...with jones he had to settle for beating the fighters that jones beat after jones hit the skids....has been a lightheavy for 5 years now and still only fought 1 natural lightheavy in Tarver...everthing else was catchweights where he was always bigger and stronger than his opposition...if he beats pascal, 9 times out of ten it will be in garbage fashion....so he'll go from hot garbage to just plain old garbage...

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
      shi tting on bhop's win of tito is revisionist history.

tito had already blasted out a very solid MW in impressive fashion and was a pretty big favorite.

bhops resume>pac's resume by the way.
      If people look past they're dislike of B-Hop,that much is trully clear!!
      Originally posted by stellen View Post
      B-hop is utter ****e. In his own, slyly racist, words he promised he would never lose to a white boy. (Calzaghe) He lost to a white boy! Hopkins the moron was hung on his own petard. AND DIDN'T I LAUGH.
      I would like to keep racist people & race out of my tread,please go corrupt someone else's with ur ignorance!!As a boxing fan skin color does not affect my judgment,U can get somewhere far from here with that,thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
        hopkins is hot garbage and this post proves it...all of his losses have some great excuse attached to it...

always will be overrated to me....a scaled down lightheavy who beat up on middles, jr. middles and welters is all he'll ever be....all of his most important fights (calzaghe, taylor 2X, jones) he lost...with jones he had to settle for beating the fighters that jones beat after jones hit the skids....has been a lightheavy for 5 years now and still only fought 1 natural lightheavy in Tarver...everthing else was catchweights where he was always bigger and stronger than his opposition...if he beats pascal, 9 times out of ten it will be in garbage fashion....so he'll go from hot garbage to just plain old garbage...

weird, I thought Tito was his most important fight, but I could be wrong.

Tarver was the lineal LHW Champion.

How does a "scaled down fighter fight at his "scaled down" weight for over 10 years. Sorry, your definition of scaled down sounds more like natural to me.

Comment

Hopkins should be given a lot of credit for beating a young WBC light heavyweight champion in his prime and the top of his game, while him being no less than 45 years old. That will add to his resume of undefeated Trinidad, undefeated Pavlik, Ring Light Heavyweight champion Antonio Tarver, and Winky Wright. He was underdog in 3 of those 4.

Comment

All of his losses excluding the Jones loss where all close fights that could have gone either way.

Comment

Wrong,completely!!Here's why:Calzaghe was undefeated,at a catchweight & was favored!!Taylor was young,undefeated & the new face of 160!!Jones was before B-Hop was considered any good!!

Tito was his biggest fight,he was the major underdog & was unifying 160 at the time!!Tarver was for lightmiddleweight supremacy & was favored!!Pavlik was undefeated & expected to to send him into retirement!!having the 1st fight with Jones up there shows that U are blinded by hate & don't have a clue of what ur typing!!

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                weird, I thought Tito was his most important fight, but I could be wrong.

Tarver was the lineal LHW Champion.

How does a "scaled down fighter fight at his "scaled down" weight for over 10 years. Sorry, your definition of scaled down sounds more like natural to me.
                the only reason the tito fight was important is because nobody knew who he was outside of his immediate family and the prison guards...everybody with common sense knew he was too big and strong for tito...

tarver was the lineal lhwchampion/part time movie actor...and still the only natural lightheavy he's fought after five years in the division...

the fact is hopkins entered boxing at lightheavy, and after losing to a fighter his size who you never heard from again in life, he decided it was better to beat up on smaller men...

Comment

Will be another good win on his resume....Historically Hopkins has on his record of wins

Felix Trinidad (first pro defeat handed to undefeated 40-0-0 p4p king)
                  Oscar De La Hoya (beated PPV king and P4P weight champ and also current MW Champion at time may have been seen as past prime and not a natural MW but still won against delahoya)
                  Glen Johnson (handed johnson first pro defeat and only man to ever stop him)
                  Kelly Pavlik (fought at catchweight yes but hopkins handed pavlik his 1st defeat at the age of 43)
                  Winky Wright (people say that this fight was not a legetimate win yet hopkins ended winkys 6 years undefeated record)
                  Antonio Tarver (moved up 2 weight classes and beat the man at 175 at the time and also the same man who dethroned Jones Jr and also tarver went on to win the LHW Championship after this fight for the 4th time)
                  RJJ (Past Prime Yes whatever he beat hopkins in his prime and i wish the rematch was in 2002 when both were on top of their game so stfu)

Hopkins 10 Year MW Champion
                  Hopkins LHW Champion
                  Hopkins Former 2 Weight Champion
                  Hopkins Is Also The Oldest Man Ever To Hold The MW Championship

aside from that people criticise hopkins because of his clinching and his past and present remarks from racial to absurd or rubbish but if he backs up all what he says and proves everyone wrong and beats the man at 175 (yes i said pascals the man at 175 after he beats dawson) then he may not recieve as much criticism if he beats pascal in a style like he did against pavlik with alot less clinching....people also criticise hopkins because they says he is ducking dawson who called him out on various occasions...also the calzaghe pre fight conference when he said "i will never let a white boy beat me" did not help his case either...but if he wins this weekend and backs up that **** talk from the past then he can probably recieve less criticism and more props for becoming the LHW Champ again and at the age of 46...
                  Last edited by BritishBoxing92; 12-13-2010, 01:53 PM.

Comment

hopkins hater numero uno!! no matter how you slice it, djtmal will hate hate hate, when it comes to hopkins.

trinidad dropped 40lbs sometimes 40+lbs to fight at welter and dropped weight to fight at middleweight.

DLH did the same, dropped 25-30lbs to fight at lower weights.

hopkins made an adjustment in his career and a change in his life to be a serious boxer. ever think hopkins wasn't in the best of shape in his first fight? that he was carrying weight that wasn't conducive to him being at his best?

and after that adjustment, hopkins held the same weight for 98% of the rest of his career.

and again, it's harder for a fighter to hold the same weight for his whole career. as we ALL get older, we gain weight, out body's metabolism slows down, your bones get denser, muscle is heavier than fat (hopkins is/was extremely lean).

hopkins kept a clean living lifestyle, held down his weight, he never blew up in between fights, never more than 12lbs, that impressive. i give the same credit to calzaghe for holding down his weight at super middle, that **** is harder than moving up.

and the argument that he stayed at his weight class to fight smaller guys, all the while, EVERY WEIGHT CLASS HAS PEOPLE DROPPING DOWN INTO THAT DIVISION TO BE MOST EFFECTIVE, hopkins did not, he lived in that weight class, you forget that hopkins fought bigger guys that dropped down into middleweight to fight him............. but you fail to acknowledge that fact.

get your facts straight and quit having a one sided pov about hopkins that is skewed and based on hate for the man. if you don't like him say you don't like him, don't trash or marginalize his career with swiss cheese arguments that hold zero water in the debate.

hopkins proves people wrong and people hate it........... hence the hopkins hate.
                    Last edited by deuce_drop; 12-13-2010, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
                      Who cares if some meathead typing on a computer thinks B-Hop is boring?

B-Hop's job is to win. Whether it's exciting or not-- that's secondary to winning.
                      Maybe B-hop should because its the reason he is not on PPV.

Comment

Working...
                      X