No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alvarado Feels Ref Blew Call, Not Happy With Scores

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Alvarado Feels Ref Blew Call, Not Happy With Scores

INGLEWOOD, CALIF. --- Mike Alvarado believes he should have been given credit for a second knockdown in the ninth round and he believes he did enough to earn the decision.

The judges didn't agree, scoring the fight for Juan Manuel Marquez, 117-109, 117-109, 119-108, on Saturday night at The Forum. [Click Here To Read More]

You gotta be kidding me -.- he clearly lost.

Comment

JMM killed off any remaining cells Alvarado had left over, it's sad.

Comment

I believe the replay showed JMM didn't touch the canvas the second time. Right?

Comment

Jesus, this guy has brain damage. He was shut out besides the knockdown.

Comment

I guess Tim would be credit with a almost KD too ,he hasn't seen the tape yet and beside that would not even the score, not even close.

Comment

The ref did kill his momentum. Stopped him from following up on JMM when he was weak kneed.

I could see that as a legit complaint.

The scores were fine.

Comment

Mike, Pick your Violin up and get on with your career

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Abed View Post
                  The ref did kill his momentum. Stopped him from following up on JMM when he was weak kneed.

I could see that as a legit complaint.

The scores were fine.
                  You are correct. When Marquez was wobbled, the ref points down (to indicate a KD). The ref was under the impression that Marquez was going down so he ran in between them to start the count, but after realizing Marquez was able to keep his balance, he wasn't able to count the KD and simultaneously robbed Alvarado of the ability to follow up. Alvarado has a bad history with this ref now going back to Rios I (even though I thought that was a good stoppage).

Comment

Has Alvarado been told to come out with this nonsense?

Comment

Working...
                    X