No announcement yet.

Vinnie Maddalone stops Richard Carmack in round 3

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vinnie Maddalone stops Richard Carmack in round 3

Journeyman Vinnie Maddalone stopped previously undefeated Richard Carmack (15-0) in round 3 tonight at the Paramount Theatre, in Huntington, New York.

Originally posted by Freedom.

i'm a bit surprised to see maddalone still fighting, but i suppose there's money to be made. HW journeyman can really make a good amount of money. there was an article in ring magazine a few years back stating that the viability of the HW journeyman in boxing is a good measuring stick of how well the sport is doing. they used to really drive ticket sales.

nice litlte win for him, i'm sure. i've never heard of his opponent.

Comment

some of the best fights i've ever seen were at clubs, and featured nobodies.

Comment

I remember seeing something about this. Saw Carmack's record and body type and thought to myself.... this dude's not going to win.
        I mean... three opponents straight had 0 wins... 2 making their debut and one guy with no wins.
        Must've been a canyon leap in experience

Comment

Not surprised man. Journeymen fight for fights like these.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
            I remember seeing something about this. Saw Carmack's record and body type and thought to myself.... this dude's not going to win.
            I mean... three opponents straight had 0 wins... 2 making their debut and one guy with no wins.
            Must've been a canyon leap in experience
            The result was predictable.

They say Carmack was a good amateur, but somehow he gained about 100 pounds since turning pro, going all the way up to 324 pounds.

No one with a 100-pound hanging belly can move quickly enough to beat a decent, experienced journeyman like Maddalone.

Comment

Working...
            X