Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer on Mayweather's Return, Pacquiao, Shaw, DiBella

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Schaefer on Mayweather's Return, Pacquiao, Shaw, DiBella

BoxingScene.com spoke to Richard Schaefer, CEO for Golden Boy Promotions, to get an update on the scheduled May 5th return of WBC welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. Additionally; we discuss the likelihood that Mayweather and Manny Pacquio are not going to fight in 2012, and the ongoing issue of promoters not cooperating due to personal vendettas.

[Click Here To Read More]

Seems to be the most honest assessment of May - Pac and that makes me sad

Comment

Bob's already been exposed of his agenda. Nothing new here.

It's sad that Bob will not stand by Pac and his wishes to make the fight happen. Even after Pac was the better man and agreed to the lesser share, May 5th and random Blood and urine testing...

It's very simple to see that Bob Arum, like Pac's very own team agrees, does not want to make this fight.

Comment

Pacquiao needs be more independent and stop letting arum control everything to do with who he fights. i can understand if he was making that much more money but he's not.

Comment

Wow schaefer really went In on uncle Bob and Lou!

Comment

I think with each passing fight that pac/may have the luster for them to face each other will fade. This fight would have been huge 2 years ago, would have been huge 1 year ago but who knows what will happen in a years time? Pac already should have had an L against Marquez and what will happen if the same thing happens to Floyd? Neither are getting any younger.

Comment

Thats the truth right there, Arum is going to milk the TopRank cash cow until its dried up. Than throw him at Mayweather for the very last fight of his career if he hasn't lost by then.

We're already heard various statements from Manny directly, he 's said he'd fight anytime and take less money. Heck he was even quoted on his own official website and then it gets taken down....? If you can't see whats been happening here, you wouldn't see a meteor fall from the sky and land next to you.

I'm willing to bet my left nut that Arum told him shut the fuck up and to say what he tells him to. Manny like always will comply, without hesitation for whatever reason, now here we are again, no closer than we were 2-3 years ago.

Bob Arum needs to disappear.
              Last edited by p4p-champ; 01-28-2012, 08:46 AM.

Comment

The sad part is he was absolutely right: People are really that stupid to think Arum wants the fight, and they probably will wait until 2013 to do it, if at all.

Comment

Fair enough, I dont expect to see this fight anytime soon too, If JMM is fighting soon and then waiting for his fight contract with Pac that means he has already locked Pac in for November, I dont see Arum letting Pac fight Mayweather in November neither.

Comment

Fingers crossed that both fighters catch an a$$ whopping in there next fight. That will probably be the quickest way you will get to see them face each other. When they both need to cash out.

Comment

Working...
                    X