No announcement yet.

I guess I'll write some stuff in here

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess I'll write some stuff in here

Sunday I had a good day in training, we went over spider guard techniques and I learned a simple yet effective sweep that I didn't previously know.

I train tonight at 7:30 pm and Thursday night we have a workshop with Blackbelt David Adiv. The focus of the workshop will be no-gi open guard. I will be competing in a tournament in August, the whole thing is no-gi. Figures, just as I was starting to like the gi.

I must currently revamp my weight training program to work around my BJJ training. I was doing too much in the weight room and not enough at class. Now that I am training BJJ more I must cut down my weightlifting to 2 - 3 days a week. Also I am going to try to find a program that will benefit me more with my sport instead of just trying to look good. I plan on working on cardio 1 -2 times a week, because rolling in class is cardio in itself. I don't want to over train.

I plan to start stretching daily, my goal is to become more flexible all around and to be able to do a full split one day in the future. I figure this can only help my BJJ game and will eventually help me if I move on to MMA.

yep, there is a definite trade off between weightlifting and BJJ - at the moment, because of all the DOMS from weights, I can only really effectively do BJJ twice a week, maybe 3 times a week max...and this means I am sore EVERY time I roll and so I'm sore all week.

I wonder what sort of routines people like Arona, or Silva etc do, that would help so much if you could find their routines....then agian I bet you wouldn't have enough time in a week to do it all with a job and all.

Comment

Magic Man, I hear you completely on that one bro. I wanna train towards MMA but I really wanna see my benchpress numbers go up at the same time, and it won't happen that way.

Ok, tonights journal.
      Had a great training session tonight, worked more open guard stuff with the gi. We did the same spider guard **** that we did on Sunday, which is good for me because I needed to go over it again anyway.

My open guard is improving leaps and bounds, while my top game is still somewhat solid. I didn't work the spider guard as much as I'd like to while rolling live, but I did work a few armbars and even hit a couple triangles. I have to work on rolling against heavier, stronger guys because I was clueless against one guy who basically held me down till I wore out and hit a kimura two times in a row.

I was happy with tonights training and if I'm not completely dead tomorrow I'll be at it again in the morning. Till next time.

Comment

You better go in the mornin *****!

Comment

I woke up today at my usual 4am. I didn't fall asleep last night till about 12:15pm so I'm not running on much sleep. I worked 5am-9am, grabbed a quick bite to eat and then went too BJJ at 11 am.

Training was ok, although I felt VERY tired physically. We once again worked the same open guard drills as the past two times and I felt good with them, although when live rolling came about I was very winded and my muscles seemed fatigued. I did not do well at passing the guard or keeping my guard from getting passed. I know I am improving with those positions, I think I just did so bad because of being tired. I was working triangles and armbars well but wasn't finishing.

I go back to work 3pm-7pm tonight and then I'm going to get an early sleep tonight. Tomorrow I'm not working the afternoon shift so I'm going to take a nap which will make me fully refreshed for the workshop. Even though I had a bad day I'm happy that I was motivated enough to even go train. Till next time...

Comment

you have one ****ed up time schedule LB.

Comment

If I slept like that, I would have killed myself after a week...

Comment

me too i need 9 hours

Comment

Yes my time schedule is ****ed up, it sucks. I do what I can with it though.

Comment

Where do you work to have those hours??

Comment

Working...
                    X