No announcement yet.

Why haven't Sturm and Martinez fought?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
    why? no one cares about sturm. Martinez is in a huge fight against Chavez. Fighting sturm in germany makes no sense.
    Your first two posts are complete contradictions of one another.

Sturm fights "bums" in Germany............Martinez doesn't/shouldn't have to go there to fight him.

Yet, Martinez fights "the best" in the USA, but Sturm doesn't (not shouldn't or have to) want to go over to the states to fight.....

Just because you live in the United States, doesn't mean the rest of the world is completely irrelevant and anybody fighting OUTSIDE of US is a bum, and anybody who doesn't come to fight in the US, is scared/doesn't want it, etc.....whatever. You make absolutely no sense, re read your first two posts.

And just for the record........Sturm fights bums, eh? His last 4 fights have been against top 10 guys......wait for it.......wait for it.............Sergio Martinez's last fight was against Matthew Macklin.......he fought him AFTER he already lost to Sturm. Oh, so Macklin was a bum when he fought Sturm, but not when he fought Martinez? I guess you can't fight "bums" in the USA, only Germany....by your logic?

but wait.....THERE'S MORE!

NOW, Martinez is fighting Julio Cesar Chavez Jr, who in your eyes is this supremely talented, P4P, great fighter...........based on what? OH, the fact that the fight is taking place "in the USA?" .....

After discovering that Sturm's last 4 opponents were top 10 guys, lets take a look at Chavez Jr's!

Chavez Jr, Last 4 fights before Lee: BILLY LYELL, Sebastian Zbik, PETER MANFREDO JR, MARCO ANTONIO RUBIO......................WAIT though! Sebastian Zbik got DEMOLISHED in his last fight against Felix STURM..........yet he went 12 rounds and BARELY lost via marjoity decision to Chavez Jr!

So let's recap...... JCC's Jr's last 4 opponents pre Lee: Zbik, Manfredo Jr, Rubio, Lyell..........AREN'T bums, because it was in the United States, correct? Sergio Martinez's last opponent Macklin, wasn't a bum.....because the fight took place in the United States, correct? Let's classify Macklin, and Zbik as "bums" when Sturm fought them, because the bouts took place in Germany, correct? I just want to make sure I completely understand your logic.

It absolutely BOGGLES my mind, that a guy with 25 THOUSAND POSTS on this site can post such utter and complete garbage. Seriously, your first two posts just REEK ignorance and garbage and I'd be flabbergasted if any unbias, legit, boxing fans.........takes ANY of your posts serious anymore after such garbage.

Have a good day

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
      Because Martinez would beat the crap out of Sturm, and nobody in Germany wants to see that.
      I'm not saying Sturm would beat Martinez, nor am I saying Martinez would beat Sturm......but riiiiiiiiigggghhht.....cause Barker and Macklin are SOOOOO much better then Sturm, right?

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
        I'm not saying Sturm would beat Martinez, nor am I saying Martinez would beat Sturm......but riiiiiiiiigggghhht.....cause Barker and Macklin are SOOOOO much better then Sturm, right?
        Well, Macklin did get robbed. and Dizzy is better than Sturm IMO.

Comment

Macklin beat Sturm, I don't really care about the terrible scorecard that gave the decision to Sturm.

Barker is a big, tall boxer who resisted a lot of punishment from Martinez. Sturm isn't as big and his stamina is just not good enough to hang out with Martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
            Well, Macklin did get robbed. and Dizzy is better than Sturm IMO.
            Well, Dizzy did move up in weight. But regardless, even if Macklin did get robbed, he didn't CLEARLY win, imo.....so you'd have to put Sturm in the same class as Macklin, at the very least.

Comment

Geale out-worked him, and Martinez would've done the same. Sturm's low workrate is something that has been taken advantage of in his last couple of fights. If you can out-throw him or hurt him, then you have a chance. Martinez would've done him like he did Pavlik, even worst because Sturm doesn't have the height/reach/power to discourage Sergio.

Comment

Your first two posts are complete contradictions of one another.

Sturm fights "bums" in Germany............Martinez doesn't/shouldn't have to go there to fight him.

Yet, Martinez fights "the best" in the USA, but Sturm doesn't (not shouldn't or have to) want to go over to the states to fight.....

Just because you live in the United States, doesn't mean the rest of the world is completely irrelevant and anybody fighting OUTSIDE of US is a bum, and anybody who doesn't come to fight in the US, is scared/doesn't want it, etc.....whatever. You make absolutely no sense, re read your first two posts.

And just for the record........Sturm fights bums, eh? His last 4 fights have been against top 10 guys......wait for it.......wait for it.............Sergio Martinez's last fight was against Matthew Macklin.......he fought him AFTER he already lost to Sturm. Oh, so Macklin was a bum when he fought Sturm, but not when he fought Martinez? I guess you can't fight "bums" in the USA, only Germany....by your logic?

NOW, Martinez is fighting Julio Cesar Chavez Jr, who in your eyes is this supremely talented, P4P, great fighter...........based on what? OH, the fact that the fight is taking place "in the USA?" .....

After discovering that Sturm's last 4 opponents were top 10 guys, lets take a look at Chavez Jr's!

Chavez Jr, Last 4 fights before Lee: BILLY LYELL, Sebastian Zbik, PETER MANFREDO JR, MARCO ANTONIO RUBIO......................WAIT though! Sebastian Zbik got DEMOLISHED in his last fight against Felix STURM..........yet he went 12 rounds and BARELY lost via marjoity decision to Chavez Jr!

So let's recap...... JCC's Jr's last 4 opponents pre Lee: Zbik, Manfredo Jr, Rubio, Lyell..........AREN'T bums, because it was in the United States, correct? Sergio Martinez's last opponent Macklin, wasn't a bum.....because the fight took place in the United States, correct? Let's classify Macklin, and Zbik as "bums" when Sturm fought them, because the bouts took place in Germany, correct? I just want to make sure I completely understand your logic.

It absolutely BOGGLES my mind, that a guy with 25 THOUSAND POSTS on this site can post such utter and complete garbage. Seriously, your first two posts just REEK ignorance and garbage and I'd be flabbergasted if any unbias, legit, boxing fans.........takes ANY of your posts serious anymore after such garbage.

Have a good day
                DAMN....it's that ether that s**t that make your soul burn slow

Comment

Well, Dizzy did move up in weight. But regardless, even if Macklin did get robbed, he didn't CLEARLY win, imo.....so you'd have to put Sturm in the same class as Macklin, at the very least.
                  I scored the Macklin fight pretty mad for Mack, but regardless, I think it just showed the level that Macklin belongs on, not how bad Sturm is.

People are so fast to discredit Sturm for struggling instead of praising Mack for shining. I think Macklin is a pretty damn good fighter, and Sturm was tailer made for him, making the fight harder for sturm than for macklin.

But that's beside the point, I think Macklin is a decent win for either guy. Given a few more big fights before his bouts with Sturm or Martinez I think he'd have won, and people would then be seeing macklin is a big win.

Comment

Have a good day
                    I agree with most of the points you make. I have Martinez at #1 and Sturm at #2 in the division. Sturm is a more accomplished fighter than Chavez, but I think Sergio would have an easier time with Sturm due to the way their styles and physical attributes match up. Sturm arguably lost his fights against Macklin/Murray, while Sergio adjusted to Mack and stopped him. I think Martinez should've taken the risk and gone to Germany, but now he won't need to cuz Geale has the belts.

Comment

King made a lot of good points

Comment

Working...
                      X