No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chambers Looks To Get Back In Good Graces Of Fans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chambers Looks To Get Back In Good Graces Of Fans

By Jake Donovan - If it was frustrating as a fan to watch Eddie Chambers pull out of back-to-back fights due to injury, trying seeing it from the fighter’s side of the table.

“I’ve never had injuries in my career; now I’ve had two injuries in a row,” Chambers states in being forced to withdraw from high profile fights with Tony Thompson and Siarhei Liakhovich. “My bills aren’t paying themselves. I don’t have many endorsements. I literally can’t afford to not fight.”

Worse than the injuries itself is the opportunities missed with each fight. A planned Oct. ’11 showdown with Thompson would’ve placed the winner in position to secure a rematch with Wladimir Klitschko; that fight now goes to Thompson by default, as he faces Klitschko on July 7 in Europe.

Chambers’ bout with Liakhovich would’ve been a rare hometown showcase. Plans called for the fight to take place in Philadelphia, to serve as the main event for the inaugural episode of NBC Sports Network’s ‘Fight Night’ series. [Click Here To Read More]

Pretty sure Chambers UDed Rossy in their rematch just sayin

Comment

not good to hear that chambers is having a hard time making ends meet---all lots of boxers get decent checks, but they have a hard time budgeting the lifestyle between fights. hope eddie puts on a good show so he can make some more cash.

Comment

Adamek easily wins this one

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post
          Adamek easily wins this one
          Hey Adamek is the white polish guy, not the black one!!
          Chambers wins this one!
          This will be a good skillfull heavyweight fight between 2 small heavyweights who are just to small to compete with good big guys. There are not manny good big guys around though. But Chambers is more skilled than Adamek and hes also faster.
          Both guys should fight at cruiserweight but the problem is americans are not interested in the cruiserweights so there is no money in it. Only in germany you can have a good career as a cruiserweight. Thats the reason why Cunningham and Ross signed with Sauerland.
          Last edited by Tobi.G; 04-07-2012, 08:50 AM.

Comment

I reckon Chambers wins this but I expect a good close fight and am well aware that Adamek possesses the power advantage and will probably therefore come on strong in the later rounds when Chambers is worn down. I expect it to be a split/majority decision win for Fast Eddie.

Comment

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
              Pretty sure Chambers UDed Rossy in their rematch just sayin
              Um... so am I. Not sure what you're getting at.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNDaBox View Post
                Um... so am I. Not sure what you're getting at.
                Lol you know exactly what I was getting at considering you corrected the typo I should have quoted it. Its ok it happens, but dont try to make it seem like it didn't when replying back was just trying to help so the fans could get the correct information.

Comment

Working...
                X